Melt and Pour Soap Bar for Acne

jgcurtis1961

Hi,

I have a question for all of you soapers out there. My son has awful problems with acne and we've tried the perscription treatments as far as all of the stuff you wash with and it hasn't helped. I've also done a search on here but can't find what I want to know. I currently make all of our soap at home with melt and pour bases and have quite a few oils and butters at home because I like to add things to our soaps. I am wondering if some of you could give me some suggestions on what I might add to my melt and pour base that might be good for a facial bar for him. The bases I currently have at home are goats milk, oatmeal, and just the plain white (all SFIC brand).

I have the following oils and butters at home right now. Aloe Butter, Avocado Butter, Illipe Butter,Mowrah Butter,Sal Butter,Shea Butter,

Baobab Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Rosehip Oil , Perilla Seed Oil, Borage Oil, and Jojoba Oil. Would any of these be good in a facial bar for him? If not do any of you have any suggestions of oils I might order that would possibally help?

Thanks!

The bar my teens use i use clear base no added FO or color, I add colloidal oatmeal, roman chammomile hydrosol and neem.

They have also been using the oil cleansing method with great success.

Anything they wash with can only help cleanse and soothe and reduce some outbreaks, hormonal based acne is much harder to deal with. Proper cleasning is only part of this issue.

If you choose to use the orange EO, buy the 5-fold EO, otherwise, keep in mind the regular orange EO is a photosensitizer.

Lavender and Tea Tree EO's are also ones that are good to use on the skin for acne. (tea tree is already mentioned).

If you aren't a member at www.makeupalley.com go there, sign up and do a search on aspirin mask. This is what my daughter does and it has greatly cleared up her acne. She had started getting the cystic acne on her chest/back and since starting to use this (face, chest and back), that has all cleared up in addition to the other acne.

If you use the aspirin mask and/or a product with salicytic acid, make sure to have him use a sunblock (one designed for the facial skin).