I DID IT!!, I'm so proud

Those are really nice. I'd be proud too. I've been wanting to try doing that but I don't have an insert for any of my molds. Keep up the good work. :yay:

You can get a piece of insert from a home improvement store like Lowe's or Home Depot. Just figure what size you want and go look and see what they have, most of the time they can cut it for you to what ever size you want.

Monkeybritches, those are lovely! I absolutely love the subtle colors, shapes and forms of this "style" of hurricanes!

I wish I had thought of getting some sheet metal from the home improvement store! Metal dryer vent tubes would work also...

Can hardly wait to see more!:yay:

what about pvc pipe? or does it have to be a metal insert?...

And your hurricane looks great!!!

They make a high temperature pvc pipe so that might work too. I haven't thought of that, but it would work, just have to spray it with mold release first I guess.

Thanks everyone, :yay: I am working on trying new things just to see if I can do them. I have a friend bringing shells from Savannah so that's my next project.

Twinmom, I have used a 6" diameter piece of PVC pipe and also a large food can with the top and bottom cut out. The PVC wall was a little too thick, but it did work okay... the can I really liked, but the ridges are tough to clean. I bought one of the thin metal inserts (the sheet metal would work as well I think) and I like how it works the best, but I sure do hate those wicked edges!! Scares me when I am cleaning it! I hate making non-voluntary blood donations!