just curious

if you look to the left side of this website, you will see a link with Basic Instructions of how to make a basic container candle with a jar. Use Soy wax instead of the wax they suggest. Different soy waxes have different heating and pouring temps, so you need to find out from your wax supplier what those temps are.

Hi,

I have been using ezsoy, liquid dyes and fo from BC. After much trial and error, I melt to about 180, add dye and fo at 170 and pour at 95-100. Looks smooth and creamy on top. I also get better results warming the jars in the oven before pouring.

Well....I'd say the basic steps are the same: melt wax, pour wax into a jar.

But, you're right...everyone has their own way of doing it. Some people warm their jars, some don't. Some pour cold & slushy, some don't. Everyone uses a different type of wick, sometimes different sizes of the same wick in the same jar. There's not a definitive answer to your question because we all do things a bit differently! :grin2: