Burton and Burton

i got their valentine catalog-just signed up a few weeks ago... the catalog came fed-ex and was 416 pages long!!!

as far as their plush, it is reasonable priced-considering less minimums... have a ton of vases, balloons, planter type things, gift totes, seems kinda like a flower shop supply type place to me.. would be nice to be able to do a coop from them, but since a lot of their stuff is glass, that would be a pita!!!! their stuff looks very pretty-but my image is more "nature" type stuff. that's what i like and that's what i want to sell.

that being said, they do have a lot of really neat valentine stuff, and i haven't gone through their other online catalog completely, but they have a lot of spring/easter stuff too. maybe later in the year -like closer to xmas i can purchase some of their vases etc. would be really neat with the wooden rose coop....

i think i'll stick with first and main for my plush, and someone suggested douglas to me-they have a ton of animals-not just bears and she says they wax very well. if down the road i expand on doing gift baskets and such, will look at ordering from them...

HTH...:)

Heather

http://www.douglascuddletoy.com/retailers.html

another person doing a coop right now has talked about possibly doing douglas... not sure if they will, but i would definately be in. if i could do one i would, but i run a daycare, have a 2 1/2 year old, and try to make time to get my second biz. off the ground...

if you go to that link, and send an email to their us location, ask for a catalog. i just included my name, biz name and address, phone #, sales tax id, and they mailed me their catalog-it comes on a cd...

they have a ton of things. realistic looking animals that according to bravo5 really do wax up nicely-sorry to those of you who think that's cruelty to animals....

anyone brave enough to do a douglas coop will have an order from me, and probably a few others that i know of for sure...

Heather

I never even knew the catalog was coming, until the fedex guy pulled in... i wasn't expecting any deliveries.....

spent the day "dreaming" about things i could do.....

one of these days i'll order from them, but may be a while before the funds are pumped back up-stuff for valentine's day hit the pocket book hard...

Heather

We've been using them for a few years now, especially for our collectibles company...Cammie's Collectibles. Never had a problem with them, and always great prices on items we have in our online store.

Cammie's Collectibles

http://www.cammiescollectibles.com

Creekside Candles & Collectibles

http://www.creeksidecandlesonline.com

Let me suggest you don't do a co op with Douglas, this is the e-mail I recieved when I inquired about a catalog so that I could order for my business to use their plush for gift baskets and dipping~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do not want our items dip in wax, I know I get a lot of inquiries about people

who do this, and I’m sorry, but we make our items for cuddling and hugging.

I am thinking about doing a Douglas co-op, after my co-op now is done.

They said the same thing to me the first time I talked to them. I know a lot of other people who use them for dipping. I think they don't want it to be a liability thing.

I do use them for gift baskets and such, not just for dipping. Their stuff is so cute! I gave my neighbor's 18mos old boy a plush giraffe from them for his first Christmas - it's still his favorite stuffed animal after a year. :grin2:

Exactly!!

Maybe I'll post a gauging interest post in the co-op section. I got their new catalog this week and some CUTE new stuff!!!!!!!!!!! What I can do is scan in catalog pictures, and post them somewhere, for those that don't have a catalog. :biggrin:

They did discontinue a couple of my favorites, though. :cry2: I am so sad!!!

• 2 weeks later...