Libby Heart Container

Hey everyone,

I made a triple wick using the heart container a long time ago. Well I realized I still had all those heart containers and decided to test out the wicks I had set up in that jar. I used size 62 cotton wicks with GB415 and 1 oz per pound of FO, and they pooled perfectly. It took about 2 1/2 hours for a full melt pool. The only problem is they mushroomed. Everything else was great. Everytime I use those cottons they mushroom. Does anyone use the same size? Or have any suggestions what other size to try. I also use HTP's and CD's. Or if it isn't broke don't fix it. I just think mushrooms look low grade.

I had great luck with HTP 126. I made sure the curl was toward the outside and it was perfect after about 3 hours burn time. I was quite amazed that I got it right on the first try!!!

Which side does it curl toward? I just got some testers but haven't gotten them into wax yet

I made myself a cheat sheet to put by my pouring table. This is what I've found on this site and has worked for me so far:

the wick curls toward you when the braid looks like this

^

^

^

^

^

It doesn't look exactly like that but that's the best you can do on a keyboard.

if it looks like a v than it is wrong.

v

v

v

v

v

That was such a thoughtful way of doing that Erin. Thanks.

It was the one you buy at walmart. I cleared them out then went across town and cleared them out. They were .98 cents.

I have to wick it down. Forget Cottons. What about 1312's? I have a crap load of those. I also have CD 22's. I know, I know I should test them myself.

That was such a thoughtful way of doing that Erin. Thanks.

It was the one you buy at walmart. I cleared them out then went across town and cleared them out. They were .98 cents.

I have to wick it down. Forget Cottons. What about 1312's? I have a crap load of those. I also have CD 22's. I know, I know I should test them myself.

Thanks, that is how I found it explained here and it made the most sense.

I would be afraid that 1312 might burn too hot, I haven't tried them though. Like you, I also have alot of them.

I'm test burning these right now (literally!) I have 3 CD12s in the container with my soy wax. I think I'm going to bump it up to 3 CD14s though because its not burning to the edges... we'll see as I close up the last hour of the first test burn (I'm burning it for 5 hours at a time). I just remembered to rotate it (I live in an old drafty house!) so we'll see if that helps balance it out.

Good luck with your trials!

Life & Light!

Tish