Heat gun, hot throw, & 6006

I believe(I could be wrong:) ) that its best to wait 24 hours or so to test burn. With the 6006 I let it cure for at least 3 days. I know its hard lol, I have to stick them in a cabinet were I dont see them so I can forget about them:smiley2:

This is what I thought too, although I start testing them at 48 hours. If the scent isn't strong at that point, I put the lids back on and wait a few more days. I try to keep enough made up each week so I always have some testers to play with. ;)

Howdy all,

I gave a second and third test burn to the ones a made a few days ago (the testers I started this thread with). The RRD37 gave a bit better hot throw than after the first, but not great. The RRD34 is kickin!!!! Very nice throw. It seems to be shrooming more today on the 2cnd & 3rd burn. I didn't bother retesting the RRD40.

A few days ago, someone posted a question about Just Scent and that got me fired up to pour more testers using JS's Very Berry Delight. Man I love this stuff OOB, it smells just like Tahitian Treat soda. I poured them wickless and will try the one persons suggestion in my 6006 question thread on the temp. forum. The one where they cut off the wick tab and then poke a hole in the candle, and put in a wick, heat up and test burn. If it doesn't work, just yank the wick and try another. Excellent suggestion to whoever mentioned it.

So tomorrow, they should be cured enough for me to test those with the zincs.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be interesting if you post your results with the LXs too.

Lori

All containers did great, with the lx16's, no soot, good mp, great hot throw...everyone was RIGHT...THE LONGER IT CURES..THE BETTER...

there was maybe 2 containers that after the first 3 hr. burn had a little hang up, but it caught up on the next burn..the tureens i doubled wicked using lx16, did good, could have been a little better, think i will wick up a size for those..but the sink holes is still happening..i love the 6006 ..so i quess the holes are something i will just have to live with..