KY soy body butter

Crafty1

Got my samples yesterday for the Glaze and Soy Whip. Like them both, but am leaning moreso towards the Soy whip. Decided to do a little research before committing to a large supply and discovered that they had some problems in the past with mold, seperation and/or the whip liquidfying (sp?). can anyone shed some light on whether or not this problem still exists or what I should do to the base to prevent problems from occuring?

I did the same as you & got the samples & like the whip best, but decided against it because of all the questionable reviews. If it were just one or two isolated cases I would've disreguarded it, as a one time bad batch, but there are several threads about this that have negatives. I also got samples from www.essentialsbycatalina & found their body frosting to have a similar consistency,(not the same ingredients though) etc.

I did the same as you & got the samples & like the whip best, but decided against it because of all the questionable reviews. If it were just one or two isolated cases I would've disreguarded it, as a one time bad batch, but there are several threads about this that have negatives. I also got samples from www.essentialsbycatalina & found their body frosting to have a similar consistency,(not the same ingredients though) etc.

thanks for your reply. i have been giving it second thoughts too as i don't want to run into any problems with premade bases. i went to EBC site to locate the body frosting but only found bases for lotions and shower gels. i must be looking in the wrong place, can you kindly point me in the right direction? thanks

I've been using the whip since it came out and haven't had one problem with it even when others did. I know there were some issues when it first came out, but the recipe or the way its made has been changed and I haven't heard of a problem since then.

I've been using the whip since it came out and haven't had one problem with it even when others did. I know there were some issues when it first came out, but the recipe or the way its made has been changed and I haven't heard of a problem since then.

great. wanted to make sure things were on the up and up. had only read the mixed reviews, but no one ever followed through to say things were better or not (if they did, i did not find the post)

i remember on the ky board that they had came out with a improved soy whip and i had started buying after that, i have never had a problem with it except it acts diff with diff fos, but no major problems.

umm, when you say different with different FO, what does it do? Does it thin it, change the texture, etc? Also, is it mostly FO with vanilla in it?

I have purchased this base and I have not had problems with mold.

I called when I was considering ordering and spoke with someone at KY and was instructed not to add any additional oils except for the FO. I wanted to customize the base by adding more good oils and was told not to because this will interfer with the preservatives.

I have decided not to continue using this base becasue I don't like the thickness(not because of molding issues) It is just to thick for me. I have tried using the mixer and whipping to try and smooth it out some and without additional oils it just won't work.

I am on a mission for a better base. I am also trying to come with with my own recipe for a nice moisturizer. I have my body butter and a light moisturizer. My problem is coming up with something in between the two.

thanks for your reply. i have been giving it second thoughts too as i don't want to run into any problems with premade bases. i went to EBC site to locate the body frosting but only found bases for lotions and shower gels. i must be looking in the wrong place, can you kindly point me in the right direction? thanks

they call it "whipped body frosting"

It's on the lotion base page. First they show"the original moist.hand&bodyLotion", then "back to basics lotion", THEN: "whipped body frosting"

Ha! There must be several of us on the same wave length. Last week I got samples from KY of the glaze and whip AND from EBC the whipped body frosting (amongst other things)!

:laugh2: I just like them all!

Seriously....I think I like KY's Glaze better then their Whip. And I like EBC's Whipped Body Frosting better than KY's Whip. Still doing the not-so-scentific testing. (Read that as: back of left hand gets Whip every day a few times and back of right hand gets Frosting a few times every day!) :laugh2:

Donna

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ha! There must be several of us on the same wave length. Last week I got samples from KY of the glaze and whip AND from EBC the whipped body frosting (amongst other things)!

:laugh2: I just like them all!

Seriously....I think I like KY's Glaze better then their Whip. And I like EBC's Whipped Body Frosting better than KY's Whip. Still doing the not-so-scentific testing. (Read that as: back of left hand gets Whip every day a few times and back of right hand gets Frosting a few times every day!) :laugh2:

Donna

I visited the KY site to try and get a grasp on what type of a product the Soy Whip is. Ingredients wise, it's a very thick cream. Stearic Acid acts as a thickener in lotions, and on both the Body Glaze and the Soy Whip, it seems incredibly HIGH to me. I make Custom Lotion Bases, and I can tell you that I typically use Stearic at about 1-3%. Where it falls in their ingredient listing tells me its significantly higher than that. There's really not much skin benefit from Stearic Acid, it's pretty much mostly added as a thickener and to add body. I can see it's use in a whipped lotion if you're wanting the whip to stay like a whipped butter would.

I also can't imagine not being able to add any oils to the soy whip. Ingredients wise it's incredibly limited. Only the Soy Oil has any kind of beneficial properties. I can understand your disappointment in not being able to add anything other than FO. If you're serious about searching for someone new for your bases, come talk to me. I'm sure we can create something that you'll love.

Can someone tell me the diffrence between body glaze, body butter & soy whipped lotions from Ky please? I ordered a sample of the soy whip & body glaze from Ky, Is it just a diffrence in the thickness? Do you put it on face & body like lotion? Sorry, this is my first time doing this and wanting to make a gift basket for my friend & my mom. Thanks again for everyones help.