Flat Rate Shipping @ Wsp

mbrown

Unfortunately, it didn't last long; the flat rate shipping is still there, but some prices have been raised to subsidize the shipping.:( For instance, the cute little 4 oz jars that are on surplus were 96 for $13.50 and now are $19; 24 were $3.50 and now are $6. I got three good orders in, though; hope I receive all of them.:rolleyes2

I am sure you can expect an increase in all glass across the board because of this. Nice way to do business. Give us a break on shipping, then raise the prices when too many people took advantage of their kind and generous offer. Way too many other places to purchase from who wouldn't try this crap. Hope they suffer because of this.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing with those jars. Still not a bad deal, but they changed it right before I was going to make an order so my total was bumped to a few dollars over the $25. I'll have to redo the order a bit to bring it down because the shipping jumped from $6.95 to $36.80 for going $2 over the $25 limit for the flat shipping.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing with those jars. Still not a bad deal, but they changed it right before I was going to make an order so my total was bumped to a few dollars over the $25. I'll have to redo the order a bit to bring it down because the shipping jumped from $6.95 to $36.80 for going $2 over the $25 limit for the flat shipping.

I think your post says it all. This is absolutely absurd. Jumping from $6.95 shipping to $36.80 for a $2.00 increase in product. I'm sorry but there is not a $2.00 product out there that is worth an extra $29.85 in shipping.

When I read on here that they offer the flat rate shipping for $25 and under I wasn't as excited as some. I don't make purchases for under $25--I try to buy in larger quantities. IMO flat rate shipping is an absurd solution for a supplier. I do think they should offer it for the smaller orders, but it is not a real solution for a supplier's shipping needs. I think a more appropriate solution would've been to simply lower the overall shipping costs to something reasonable. Wow...how about this...ACTUAL SHIPPING COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: And, if they insist on a handling fee then how about $1.00 per order...that covers the box, tape and packing materials for a company shipping that much product.

This is insane. I'm done with them. If we ran our business like that we'd be out of business. LOL..picture this:

"Hello ma'am thank you for your order of 3 8 oz. candles. Because the value of that exceeds $25.00 by $2.00 we will not be able to offer you flat rate shipping. We're going to have to charge a $10.00 handling fee because that extra $2.00 is much more work for our employees and the actual shipping charge is going to be $32.50. Now, how would you like to pay?"

Those dirty bums! I kept contemplating the 6 oz. jars with the silver lids and was going to order them awhile back and have my husbands cousins near there pick them up for me and then deliver them whenever she came here to visit her mother and then never got the chance....Imagine my excitement when I saw the flat rate shipping...of course I dragged my feet with my decision making 'cause money is a little tight right now and figures...I missed the boat. I guess the price is still reasonable but boy thats a bummer. I'd think they's sell more keeping the prices down with the shipping than raising them to eat the shipping savings. I used to buy my melt and pour stuff from them all the time when I first got started with that about 9 years ago only because I didn't know other resources. Thank goodness I found this site to guide me in other directions.

Guess I'll just be happy I got in on one great deal! I ordered all of those little 4-oz jars that I could get in one flat-rate deal (think it was 168 jars) and thought when the order came in (which should be today) I would order more if I was happy with them.

Like dpowell said, they're still a good price, but not nearly as exciting as they were!!

I don't normally sell many small jars, so those may be all I need anyway.

Jane

You'll like them, Jane. I ordered 168, too, and got my order on Friday. I also ordered some coconut oil and tacked 144 of those little red bows onto that order. They just barely fit around the neck of that little jar, and really look cute. I was thinking of them for Xmas, but I'm also going to pour a couple of Valentine's Day scents in them this week and see how they do. If the wicking isn't too hard to figure out, I may be able to use some of them for that.

Thanks for the feedback on those jars. I'm so glad to know those bows fit on there--I had ordered some of them the last time I ordered from WSP and hadn't found many things to use them on yet.

I'm interested to see what wicking will work--I use LX with a combo of J223 & soy. I'll post what worked when I get them tested and would love to hear what works for you, too.

Mine should be in today, so I'm anxiously awaiting them! I won't be able to test tonight because DH is having some minor surgery this afternoon and I'm sure I'll be running and fetching, but hopefully can pour a few tomorrow night.