Consistency of EZ-Soy

I wonder if anyone knows how well EZ-Soy holds up to being made into something like a tart. I understand that normally it's recommended to blend it for an application like that, but I have a reason for needing to know how well it would do on its own. Is it hard enough to hold together well when de-molded? What kind of surface do you get?

Thanks for any help.

I find that using EZ in a fluted tart mold works great. There are no issues of it falling apart coming out of the mold or anything. The best method I found was to pop them in the freezer for about 10-15 min after cooling overnight, then tapping them firmly upside down on the countertop. The only drawback to using 100% EZ is that the edges of the tart tend to become squished if you don't take good care of them, and ensure that they are in a protected environment. I am going to be packaging them in a votive-like boxes and selling them in fours, it's too hard to maintain a good-looking individual tart without the sides getting squooshed.

I'm not sure if the EZ-Soy is the exact same, but I use the 100% Soy for making tarts and I've never had any problems. Like daniedb said, just pop them in the freezer for a few minutes and they come out of the molds just fine. The scent throw has been awesome in 99% of the FOs I've used too. :)

The only drawback I've run across is after awhile they do tend to start looking a little flaky and the colors fade. But if you're doing a fast turnaround on them, this shouldn't be an issue.

Recently I started adding just a little para-soy to mine (2 - 3 oz. to a lb of wax) and it does seem to help their shelf life (appearance-wise) somewhat. I did this because people are starting to buy them for Christmas presents and it helps make them stay "pretty" longer.

HTH :)