Ordering direct

Angie W

We order direct from Anchor and Libbey. Anchor has a 25 case min for an order. This is their initial wholesale price. At 200 cases of the same item you get a 5% discount (I think that is the %). At the 300 cases level (you can mix items) there is the same 15% discount. Libbey is worse. Again, I don't remember sitting in front of the screen, but I believe there is a $2500 min per order, plus $20,000/yr. The prices are good. The main advantage for us is the availability of the glassware in large amounts. The shipping works out better when the loads are palletized. But, again, for us always having a constant supply of glassware is a big plus.

• 2 weeks later...

I have spoken to the Anchor and Libbey reps. Very nice guys, but you have to purchase so much at one time. I found Fairwayglass in Dallas, Texas and they are great!!! Very important******* I ordered the 7 oz. clear tumblers and they told me that it was better for me to order 3 cases of the tumbler's than just 2 cases because of how the cases fit in the box and that there was not that much difference in the price of shipping. I guess that's true. I live in the Tulsa, OK area and the tumblers use to be apprx. 70 cents each and w/shipping it cost about .30 cents per jar, so it equalled out to $1.00 per container, not bad I guess. On their website you can pick different container's with and without lids. Check it out. I have been very happy w/them. I have FINALLY found a place that I can drive and pick everything up, I can buy EVERYTHING, I MEAN EVERYTHING: Wax, wick, FO and containers. She even said she would make my private labels for me if I wanted her too! When you purchase items from an individual/Co. (possibly not on the internet) and you want something just ask them. They will probably order in what you want as long as they can get it for you. She has ordered in wicks/containers for me that she does not use in her shop. Good-Luck!!!

• 5 months later...

Melinda777, are you from Texas as well?

I've been looking for someone who buys from Fairwayglass that can actually sell me 70 pcs.

They have this frosted 4oz square tumbler that I'm wanting to get (specially b/c they have a good price too), but they don't sell in this qty.

Do you think I could buy from you?

Thanks!