Help with an idea

anncee

Sorry Bunny, not sure if this is the correct place for this question, so please forgive me :smiley2:. New grandbaby hard to get to sleep unless she's on someone. Had a thought tonight about making a sort of wheat/flaxseed type bag/thin mattress to go under her - problem is they don't have a microwave. How can you heat a bag without one - any suggestions??? You ladies have helped with a problem before so sure would appreciate it if you can help on this one too. Thanks muchly:grin2:

Ann

Off the top of my head, I am thinking hair dryer??

For what it is worth, We had a horrible time with my youngest not wanting to sleep any where but on us. I have to say now that I type that, I would love for a cuddle session with her, but when you had to arrange eating, peeing, laundry, cooking and taking care of the other kids around the time she was sleeping on us, it was tough. I bought a miracle blanket and it was a GOD SEND! She loved it and slept on her side in her crib for even longer than she slept on us! Here is the site: www.miracleblanket.com

Hi: my children are adults now but I was thinking, how about recording mom's heart beat? I know that is not what you were asking for, but it just made me remember how my daughter needed a sound she was familiar with when I was pregnant. Good luck,

Zonia

Hi: my children are adults now but I was thinking, how about recording mom's heart beat? I know that is not what you were asking for, but it just made me remember how my daughter needed a sound she was familiar with when I was pregnant. Good luck,

Zonia

I think this is probably the reason she likes to sleep that way. My 15 month old was addicted to sleeping on our chests as an infant. I have seen a teddy bear at Walmart that has the heartbeat sound.

I think this is probably the reason she likes to sleep that way. My 15 month old was addicted to sleeping on our chests as an infant. I have seen a teddy bear at Walmart that has the heartbeat sound.

Yeah, when my daughter was born we received a Pooh Bear from WalMart that made womb sounds. She used it and so did my son. I am pretty sure you can get them anywhere that sells baby stuff.

We also had a pretty cool house when my daughter was born. After feeding her in the middle of the night she didn't want to go back into her crib because it was cold. So I finally started putting a heating blanket in her crib while I was feeding her. That fixed our problem.

I wonder with the miracle blanket if you can keep their hands out??

Even when my son was in the hospital, he would fuss until we took his hands out of the blanket.

I think I need that blanket, lol. He is only 3 weeks today and gets a little colicy at night.

I think maybe heating it up in the stove will do the trick, low heat of course.

Mindy :)

My kids must have been weird as I never had any problems getting any of them off to sleep. Just used to pop them in their cots but I did always leave a radio on in their rooms. It was barely audible but the sound of the music just used to help them sleep.

Must have had an effect on them as they are all musically and artistically inclined.

One plays drums, another plays bass guitar and the 3rd one plays keyboard!

Ruby