What's your favorite??

hawaiiansun

Ok what's your favorite clasps for bracelets and necklaces?

I use magnets, trigger clasps and toggles depending on the stype I make.

From all three the trigger is my least favorite because it's so hard to clip on, so I try to use them only when I add an extender chain and a charm.

I love the magnets with a connector chain, but I have warn people about the magnet.

Toggles are easy to attach and they are nice looking.

Anyone has anything else that works for them? :grin2:

HS,

I also have been wondering the same thing. I use the screw-type barrel clasps alot because that seems like the easiest thing for necklaces. Horrible for bracelets though, so for them, i use the toggle clasps. I have been wanting to try the magnetic kind, but ive heard they arent recommended for alot of designs. Usually, the magnetic clasps are good for light-weight pieces that have delicate chains and whatnot because then the user doesnt have to fumble for the clasp.

I personally like the trigger kind for jewelry i wear because i feel those are more secure. But, alot of people I know HATE the trigger and love toggles. The barrel type is also good.

Dont know if that helps you or is just more confusing!

Linaya

Thanks, I have a hard time with the barrell cause of my bad hands.. :undecided

The magnets will come off if you aren't careful so I add a 2" chain to it so the bracelet won't fall off.

Oh I found some 13.1mm triggers that are big so easy to work with LOL

I just thought I'd add another topic since we'ver been only posting photos LOL :laugh2: :laugh2:

On my website, I sell jewelry. I used to offer the option of lobster clasp, toggle clasp or magnetic clasp. 97% chose a toggle clasp. Since then, I have removed that option b/c it was so seldom that people wanted the other kinds. I do, however, make the recommendation for a lobster clasp for baby and/or children's jewelry. HTH.

I love the magnetic clasps, simply because I have such a hard time closing my bracelets without the help of DH...but I also love the look of the toggles.

I guess it depends on what kind of piece I am making...girly or charm bracelets get a toggle while the softer more classic looks get the magnetic....

Love the toggle but have a hard time with some. I need to watch which ones I buy. Got a bracelet kit at Michaels with a toggle that has a lot of sculpting on it and it's too ruff to slip in the circle. Now I have to remake and find another clasp. Want to try the magnetic but heard they come off easy. The extra chain is a good ideal, what type do you used? And are some stronger than others, what should I look for?

For necklaces, almost always lobster claws, easy to use cause you can spin the necklace around and you get to use two hands!

For bracelets, I like toggles but I also use the lobsters cause I like my bracelets big and I can reach them.

I've been wanting to try the magnetic for a awile now, they are supposed to be greatly improved in holding and are so darn pretty now.

Sami

I have mostly used lobster but I haven't made to many pieces of jewelry. I have been thinking of taking dd's current closure and putting a magnet so she can wear it to school. I always worry that she is going to get choked with her necklace so a magnet would come off easily.