Soap had chunks in it when mixing

Blest2BAmerican

I just finished making a batch of CP soap and something weird happened. After I poured the fo (Honey Almond) in at a light trace I blended it with a stick blender. I started getting some large chunks which kind of resemble chunky mashed potatoes. Would this be referred to as 'morphing'? I quickly poured it into the mold because I was at a thick trace. I then ran a spoon thru it to grab the chunks and squished them with my gloved hand and then stirred it in. Do you think the soap will be okay?

Actually, what you experienced is known as a "seizure". It normally occurs with some finicky fo's and will cause an entire batch of soap to congeal in say.. about 30 seconds! lol

in my experience, ricing is on a much smaller scale, but it also usually attributed to an uncooperative fo.

Sometimes you can minimize these effects by adding a few tbls of your soaping oils to the fo prior to adding the fo. It in a sense "dilutes" it some, so that it's effects are not as harsh. Also, be sure to add the fo in small increments. Don't just dump it all in at once.

Others believe that soaping with room temperature oils and lye/water, also helps to minimize "seizures".

Good Luck and HTH