Making tarts with soft wax

Thought I would pass this on to the new new newbees. I have read several posts here asking if you could use your container wax for tarts. WELL.......

So as not to waste wax when pouring my containers and using 4627 wax for the first time, I poured the excess I had left over into some clamshell molds. BIG MISTAKE. You could burry those suckers 10 ft. down in the ice in the NORTH POLE and that wax will not get hard.

Have to scrape it out with your finger nails. So if you are using THIS wax, don't think about making tarts with it. Better to make up some tealights beforehand and have them ready for your extra wax.

I'm an avid user of the 4627 and I always have a few extra wicked up jars for pouring out my end of runs. I make sure that I only pour similar fragrances in each one, florals, baked, fruits, etc. they make beatiful layered candles and sell very well.

I'm an avid user of the 4627 and I always have a few extra wicked up jars for pouring out my end of runs. I make sure that I only pour similar fragrances in each one, florals, baked, fruits, etc. they make beatiful layered candles and sell very well.

This is a great idea! :D

Thanks!

Lori

I make tarts with my 100% soy(402).They are fine BUT just a little to oily.They come out very easy in the tart mold(fall out).I really like the throw.What I am doing now is mixing my votive and 100% 1/2 and 1/2/.Worked good but had a few holes.I can take care of that.Will test for throw now and if good I just might keep this way of mixing.I know I could add something but I always have soy votive wax and soy(402) so my plan is mixing them from now on.LynnS

I'm still learning melts...started with store parffin and am now trying Igi 6006 (aka Glory Bee One Pour Container) for the first time. I was surprised how soft it is! But strangely- it seems to harden after being molded. Does that make sense? The slab is icky and sticky and ooey...(and I kind of hate dealing with it, lol.. but I don't have to pay shipping so I will LEARN to deal with it) but then after I melt it and put it into a mini mold or tin it does seem to improve. Enough that I can somewhat handle them with out absolutely gouging it all up. Someone posted that I should add vybar to this wax. I think I will try that but I think I still prefer adding in a bit of parrafin. I'm not a big additive person. But next time I will pay more attention and make sure I get one for tarts since that's pretty much all I do, lol. I was SURE GB's site said it was good for that, lol...but I think it was the 'heavy fo load' that made me beleive what I wanted to beleive, lol. :confused:

Thanks for the heads up modhatter.