hang tags or labels or both?

lpoitras

I am wondering what you experienced sellers think works better-labels on the glass or hang tags or both? I don't have the volume to order sheets and sheets of 1 particular fragrance and get stuck with the labels. I was thinking of having labels printed (I have done my own but don't think they look good enough) and have the hang tags specify the scent. I myself personally do not like labels, I think they are a pain to get off, but a well designed one can add so much to the package. Thoughts???

For my containers, I have my labels done professionally, but they are all the same. I put the size and scent on the warning label on the bottom of the jar. I'm with you - I have too many scents to have them all done individually....maybe when I make my first million it won't seem like so much money lol ;)

I've used both...I currently use labels and prefer them. Part of it is the convenience of just sticking on a label as opposed to having to fold, punch a hole, then tie on a hang tag. Especially if you have a lot to do. I also print my own and it works well. It took a little time to get them tweeked, but once I got it they were perfect.

I am wondering what you experienced sellers think works better-labels on the glass or hang tags or both? I don't have the volume to order sheets and sheets of 1 particular fragrance and get stuck with the labels. I was thinking of having labels printed (I have done my own but don't think they look good enough) and have the hang tags specify the scent. I myself personally do not like labels, I think they are a pain to get off, but a well designed one can add so much to the package. Thoughts???

Regarding that they are a pain to get off, I am putting gift labels (I don't sell, but plan on giving away once I get this dang thing to burn correctly!!) directly on the jar. I am using full sheet window decals cut to size and printing at home. The nice part about window decals is that they stick really well, but they come off really easy. If you want to know more about these, let me know. HTH

I do very few hang tags... one of the reasons is because they continually get crimped , bent or wrinkled when packing and unpacking for shows...At busy shows, it's easier for clients to see the fragrance label on the top of the jar quickly, instead of meandering around, flipping the hang tag over, reading, and taking up space in the booth.

I label.. only on the top lid of my glass jars.... I've found this to be a good marketing tool. Since I don't label the glass itself,,, the flickering flame, can be seen from all angles as it burns. ;)

I purchase 2 1/2" round lables and print my own labels... my cost, including ink, is about 5 cents a label. I find a great advantage to printing my own labels, as I can change type or pictures as I want to,, and I don't have to pay set up charges.. etc.