Policy's

Kelly

Hi, I was wondering what you all think is an absolute must to have in your selling/returns policys. I have to write mine up and I want to make sure I include everything! I had tons of ideas in my head but as soon as I sit down to actually write it my mind goes blank.

If there are some really kind people out there please post a link to your policy's page so I can review it. I'm curious about what others include or don't include.

TIA

Kelly

When I am building a site for a client, I give them a list of questions to answer. It makes it easier. You can review the list and use it if it helps you. It is geared toward a soap site, but you can modify it to answer candle questions.

Hope this helps!

Donna

What are your accepted payment methods?

How long does it take to process a retail order?

Can I change or cancel my order after I have placed it?

I don't like using my credit card online, can I call in my order?

Do you have a restocking fee if I cancel my order?

How do you ship orders (via what carrier?)

Can I pick my order up to save on shipping costs?

How much does shipping cost?

Do you ship internationally?

Am I responsible for customs if my order is shipped internationally?

What if my order arrives damaged?

What if I don't like the soap? Can I return it?

What if I am sent the wrong item?

What are your hours of operation if I need to call you?

Do you have a disclaimer in case I misuse your products or think your products are to treat my disease?

Are your prioducts tested for safety?

Do you test your products on animals?

Can I use your products on my children?

What is your privacy policy? Will you give away or sell my info after I order?

One thing that I found helpful when writing out my policies page was to cruise all the different forums, looking especially for posts on problems people had with customers. All those "what should I do now" type of posts. I always kept a list of those problems and the best of the resolutions, then added those.

I would put all of that stuff on a FAQ page. I also repeat this information in my shopping cart and add more. Here is mine: http://www.goodearthsoap.net/faq.html

I see you are in Kewaunee! Too funny. I'm originally from Algoma! In Madison now though, but lived in Algoma for most of my life. Nice to see a neighbor! And I love the colors you use on your site, very warm and earthy. Thanks for sharing the link!

OK a FAQ page.WOW another page on my website.Is it possible to have to many?I think I am at 12?Have to check.Also includes shipping page,about us, Home.Most pages are products in category. Getting ready to add some aromatherapy,chunks and pillars so think I will say speciality candles.Keep the pages down.Have a Valentine page now and specialty can go there next.A basket page for Mother's Day.I keep holidays for several weeks and after that they are off the day of.Christmas was off Christmas Eve. I need to take Christmas scents off. LynnS