Jars

Angie W

I feel like I have been reasearching container suppliers forever. I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their favorite container, jar suppliers.

The one I use right now is the candle makers store mostly because their shipping is the lowest that I've found so far for me in northern MN.

Thanks

I live in Warroad about as far north as you can get in MN.

I haven't really decided which jars I want. Right now I'm using several different styles and sizes which results in a whole lot of testing. I want to narrow it down to one style and a couple sizes. Just don't know which ones yet.

I LOVE my classic jar from "The Candlemakers Store.I had the octagon and liked it but to tall and hard to light when it got close to bottom.Had to tilt the jar.So that is my choice(classic).I also get the Country Jar for the 16 ounce and the Teddy Bear just for something unique/different. In this area the 8 JJ are the best sellers.People want the classic jar but of course don't want to pay $1.00 more so go back the the simple/popular 8 JJ. NO shipping for me.They are 35 minutes away. LynnS

Hey Tracey, I'm in the Albertville area.....serious abut us Minnesotan's teaming up...there are enough of us to make it worth while if we order from the right places...I'm looking at placing some glass, wax, wick, and packaging orders in the next month or so.....

Infinity packaging out of Urbandale IA, carries the Richardson 8oz square mason jars...

They have a $250 minimum in ordering, however the jars are only 55 cents each.

Currently they are out of stock, however do expect stock within the next 30 days or so...

I'm located in central MN, just outside of Brainerd.

If any of you use EL soywax,, my supplier is just outside of St. Cloud, I pay nothing for shipping in wax, I just stop in on my way to nail appointments...

WOW, there are a lot of us here! I'm in west central about 30 miles east of Fergus Falls. I just ordered some square masons from BCN last week. I usually get my jars from Candles and Supplies out of PA but the shipping is SO HIGH unfortunately I have not found the 10oz apoths that I use elsewhere. I get my soy from the Waxhouse in Cold Spring, MN ( real close to St Cloud) they are good to deal with, just don't have a very big jar selection.

I get my soy from the same supplier, outside of Cold Spring... They are wonderful to work with...hoping I can talk Marlin into getting some palm wax one day... LOL I get my cotton wicks from them as well....

Fergus,,,, I do the little mall show every once in a while when I'm up there checking on my uncle and aunt in Underwood. It's a fairly small show, but I've had some repeat sales there.

Snoww,, Hmmm..I think I have more snow, in my Minnesota Snowstorm candle.. that what I have on the ground right now,,, although the temps are starting to drop.. maybe we'll get some snow. :yay:

Virginia!!!! one of my favorites MN towns, I vend at the Land of Loon festival up there every year... Awesome handcrafted show... !! Even in the rain.... LOL

Infinity packaging out of Urbandale IA, carries the Richardson 8oz square mason jars...

Currently they are out of stock, however do expect stock within the next 30 days or so...

If any of you use EL soywax,, my supplier is just outside of St. Cloud, I pay nothing for shipping in wax, I just stop in on my way to nail appointments...

That seems like a really good price. Is that with the lid? Can you get a price list for all products or just what you want and how's their shipping charges?

waxhouse! the owner is a nice guy! i get my wax from him as well...however I'm going to head down to EL here in the next couple of weeks I hope...get to meet Bruce and buy some stuff direct! Can't wait :yay:

I feel like I have been reasearching container suppliers forever. I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their favorite container, jar suppliers.

The one I use right now is the candle makers store mostly because their shipping is the lowest that I've found so far for me in northern MN.

Thanks

Hi Angie,

I know that you live in MN but I have found an excellent selection of jars at The Jar Store in CT. They Customer Service is great and I love working with them.

Miranda

Hi Angie,

I know that you live in MN but I have found an excellent selection of jars at The Jar Store in CT. They Customer Service is great and I love working with them.

Miranda

what are the odds...I was just logging in to start a post about the Jar Store and low and behold here was your message. Tell me about your experience with them? How often do you order? and what would you say the size is of your average order? How is the quality of what you receive?

Not trying to grill you, it's just that I received my samples from them today and I'm far from impressed. I received 3 jars, each with flaws, imperfections, and 1 with 5 small cracks. I'm torn between giving them a chance and going somewhere else.

sorry i dont know of any suppliers around your area but hows the snow?:yay: I used to live north of virginia and now in ky and I miss the snow:cry2: i miss minn:cry2: so much

It's -20 this morning w/o wind chill. How much do you miss it now.

Hey Chris-

I am in the Braham areas (near Cambridge or Mora). We lived in Albertville before buying our house.

I have thought about Waxhouse often and just don't want to switch waxes and go through all the testing again. I use KY125.

I may be in the market for jars soon here and maybe lotion bottles. I get my jars from BCN right now---I use square masons and 9oz hex. I was getting all my jars from Ruth at Flower Patch and stocked up when she closed. My hex jar supply is getting low....

I really want to try the country comfort in the 16oz to have a larger option, but not sure how well they will sell and if it's worth the testing.

Tracey

Hi Tracey...I used to live in Mora and Cambridge. Graduated from CCC back in 97, so I know the area. I'm considering the same 16 oz as well from BCN, or possibly a fancier version from either jarstore or fairway. I am testing both ky125 and EL...so far I'm liking EL a little better...especially the millenium container, which waxhouse does not sell....we should talk sometime

Chris

Hi Tracey...I used to live in Mora and Cambridge. Graduated from CCC back in 97, so I know the area. I'm considering the same 16 oz as well from BCN, or possibly a fancier version from either jarstore or fairway. I am testing both ky125 and EL...so far I'm liking EL a little better...especially the millenium container, which waxhouse does not sell....we should talk sometime

Chris

We have been up there since 96.....the area has grown so much-well Cambridge anyway......yes, we should talk....I have been looking at Fillmore for the Country Comfort jars too--they have the zinc lid available. There price for lids is a bit more than BCN, but overall the jars are cheaper....after comparing all that and shipping, they come out close. At Fllmore you can buy by the dozen vs 2 dozen. I'll think about it more once I decide if I am adding anything bigger. Small world!

Tracey

I sure wish BCN would carry the Country Comfort jars in a 10 oz. I have been using ones like them from Candles and Supplies for a while now and really don't want to go as big as 16oz glass since I do a 20oz in a enamelware mug. I know earlier in this thread someone mentioned the place near Des Moines IA. I think I talked to them a year or so ago and they had good prices on the square masons but you had to get like 400 jars at a time and then the shipping is still high. Sometimes I hate living in the middle of no where ;)