Funky Foam For lining Molds

The Old Soapgoat is TOG (right Paul?)

Almost right, Scented!:wink2: My soap company is called "The 'Ole Goat Soaps & Lotions Co. My screen name is Soapmaker Man. Real first name is Paul. LOL

When I started into my molds and bevellers, we came up with the name TOG, short for "The 'Ole Goat." The 'Ole Goat since all I make is goat milk based soaps and lotions.

There you all have it; right from The 'Ole Goat's mouth.:D

Hey Paul? Have you made any bigger ones yet? I know you were looking at making some bigger capacity ones....

Kymber, I have made a few of my molds 12" long instead of the normal 10" length. I can make one 20" or perhaps up to 24" if anyone wanted one that long.

I'm working on a wire cutting system for my TOG molds at the moment. It will slice the logs into bars and slice the slabs into bars, all in one unit.

And most importantly, a web site!:yay:

Paul....;)

The TOG Duel Log/Slab Mold With Liner System.

In the 2 log setup;

DSCF0509-1.jpg

The slab setup:

DSCF0504.jpg

With the included tight fitting lid;

DSCF0355.jpg

Nice molds.... :drool:

Do you sell the liners custom and/or separately?

I would LOVE to get a few liners. Especially for my 32 bar Misty Creek.

I have many molds and use mylar on most of them.

But this looks much more durable. Does the green material absorb color/scent from the soap over time?

Yes, I know. I ask too many questions. :grin2:

Nice molds.... :drool:

Do you sell the liners custom and/or separately?

I would LOVE to get a few liners. Especially for my 32 bar Misty Creek.

I have many molds and use mylar on most of them.

But this looks much more durable. Does the green material absorb color/scent from the soap over time?

Yes, I know. I ask too many questions. :grin2:

A body can never ask too many questions! First, no, I do not cut these liners for any other wood mold makers. They have to be cut to exacting specifications. All my molds are exactally the same heigth, width and length, so I sell replacement liners or extra sets...but for TOG Molds only.

The second question is also, NO, they do not absork oils or colorants. You simply wash under warm water rubbibg them with your hands or a rag, dry and make more soap.

Paul....;)

Sorry ladies:embarasse I do not have an website yet! As I elplained in a few PM's, I hope to have one by the end of Feb. Anyone want to trade setting me up one for some TOG Soapmaking Tools? Serious. I was going to do it myself, but am too busy making my molds.

My email addy for getting in touch with me is;

soapmoldmaker@wmconnect.com

So far, most molds sold have been by word-of-mouth amoung various forums. I've been doing this since this late spring, 2006.

Thank you all for all the kind words about my mold. I love building a high quality product for my soapmaking friends to use for many years to come!;)

Paul....;)

what would you guys say is the temp max for these foamy things? I made my own log molds and have tried different things to line these buggers but they are all kind of a PITA! I do ITMHP at 150* - do you think these would be ok with that or not??

Life & Light!

Tish

Tish, I state to all my customers that I as well as testers for me, have CPOP TOG molds with these liners safe up to 170 degrees in the oven. Never had any problems. Most of the time, you just don't need to CPOP in a TOg Mold, though, as you will gert a full gel using the tight fitting lid.

They will be OK at 150*!

Paul....;)

I'm working on a wire cutting system for my TOG molds at the moment. It will slice the logs into bars and slice the slabs into bars, all in one unit.

Paul....;)

Yay!:yay:

I have one of your TOG molds and I love it, and now after seeing this post I can hardly wait for the cutter you're workng on! :drool:

MarieJeanette