100% organic?????

Need soap selling and labeling advice. I've been listing my soap as 100% organic vegan soap and I had another soaper tell me thats false listing because there's always chemicals, E.O.'s and F.O's and dyes in them. Well I've been spending ALOT of money on my ingredients to make sure theyre 100% organic. I've been going over this over and over again in my head...all my oils are 100% USDA, same with the butters, and I only use organic E.O's not to mention it's been dyed if at all dyed with things like 100% organic blueberries to get a tint of blue.....other than that there's the lye....whih is there any way to get organic because I havent found it all ive found which I've never really known is that its tree ashes? I don't want to falsely label my soaps and would appreciat ANY advice. :D

There will always be a skeptic out there. Quit trying so hard. Label your products all natural instead of organic. You won't be able to use organic because of the processing of the ingredients you use. But Natural would work and it shouldn't upset the Vegans. Maybe focus on enviornmental instead of the Vegans. That seems to catch peoples eye a lot better for resale. Anything Earth friendly.

Hi , I'm Abbey , and i wanted to say that i use oatmeal soap and it has coconut in it too. I don't think it was whether or not it was natural or organic that compelled me to buy it . It was how it smelled , cause actually it isn't all that pretty to look at. The other thing is that I like the way It leaves me feeling after a bath . So the smell drew me in ...( smells like coconut) And the effectiveness kept me buying it . I'm sure it's either organic or natural but with most products theres the draw then how well it works . So I just think it's great you make your own soap and your trying to have your own little company . Good for you.:D

If EVERYTHING is certified organic, then in theory your soap should be organic. However, I think you would still have to go through the process of having it certified. Probably not worth it.

Calling it "natural" is probably the way to go, although the stuff that is sometimes sold as "natural" is a little much. I personally can't tolerate most artificial scents, and to see a bar of mp, dyed and scented called natural, annoys me. But it does happen, and quite a lot. However, most people who are fanatical about it are also label readers, and anybody reading your labels would then know what they are getting.

Doris

Thanks everyone for the great advice, I will definetly use it!!!! :highfive:

I just want to make sre nothings falsely labeled so that would be the way to go my main concern is the VEGAN part now I try to make sure I make products for vegans since 1/2 my family is and it's hard to find good vegan products but I will focus less on the ORGANIC part. :D

Suds... as i was reading this entire thread that is what I was going to say when I was done reading, lol. Saying 'made with organic materials' is not saying 100% organic. This is how the organic MP soap bases are labled. There are things in it that are just not available organicly yet. But I think that term would be a winner for what you are trying to do/convey.