This ? Is For Those That Do...

HeavenScentU

Both Candles and Bath & Body products. Did you see your sales go up significantly by adding one to the other? I am a candlemaker and want to increase my sales by adding bath and body products to hopefully see my profits double this year, but am curious if it is really worth it???? TIA

It did help me. I sell mostly candles, but when I added handmade soaps and such, I started building a base of soap customers. Although I do have some customers who are interested in both soap and candles, it seems the bulk of them are mostly interested in one or the other. So I have customers that buy lots of candles. Then I have those who just are interested in B&B and have no interest in home fragrancing.

My sales went up too when I added B&B to my line - I wouldn't say they doubled, but I do have a loyal following now for my B&B products. This was my first year doing it, and I spent a ton of money on testing and getting recipies down, so it's discouraging to look at my profit/loss LOL, but most of that is behind me now, thank goodness!

Both Candles and Bath & Body products. Did you see your sales go up significantly by adding one to the other? I am a candlemaker and want to increase my sales by adding bath and body products to hopefully see my profits double this year, but am curious if it is really worth it???? TIA

I sure wouldnt expect to double your profits this year just by adding b&b products. A bath and body line takes time to build and perfect just like candles and candle sales. Some customers will buy b&b from you JUST because they like your candles, but I have found thats a MUCH smaller percent of people than I had hoped for. You have to just plug away with things and see how it goes. Double profits this year? The odds are stacked greatly against you but it depends on what your profits are to start with. If you had a profit last year of $2000.00 then adding another line to double it would be easier than if your profits were $100,000.00 last year. See my point?

Bruce

So far I have done craft shows and did start a website middle of last year.I have had no increase with bath and body.A few things sold but not much.It is candles all the way for me.I do add a few craft things at times I buy wholesale and they also sell.I use bases and maybe the CP soaps do better.I have hand soap, lotion and body splash/freshener. The only person that got maybe 6 items is a customer at my shows and she gets things for gifts.Then I have a friend who got lotion etc for wedding party and gifts.That is about it for my body/bath sales. Couple of other 1 item customers.I won't give up because I like a variety.LynnS

As long as you test and make a quality product, it will - just give it time. I love B&B - it's a lot of fun, but I get bored making the same things over and over so it's always good to experiment with a new product. With B&B there is TONS of stuff to make, so the sky's the limit!

It gives people something else to buy.. another reason to enter your booth. Just like adding melts and votives to a candle line, adding bnb does give you more to offer the public. Did sales double.. no.. but they did increase. It seems they buy one or the other...