Mal's???

ladysj

I'm curious as to how many of you have the upgraded mal's for your shopping carts that figures shipping or who have other software for their shopping carts. Also, do you have your website set up with the ability to take credit cards without going through paypal and where you got yours. I know alot of people don't want to fool with creating a paypal account.

I didn't know that thank you so much for this bit of info that does help. Do any of you put the credit card emblem on your account and where would I find one? Thanks everyone I'm trying desperately to get my site ready to go by next weekend.

I manually process cc's. Do that for the craft shows and my cart get the cc info.. then when I get ready to ship, I process and get a confirm before it is picked up. Just can't justify the monthly charges for automatically processing at this time.

I've used Mal's for about two years now and love it. I have two carts--one for my regular area and one for my wholesale area. The regular area uses a flat $5 shipping rate, while the wholesale area figures the shipping based on weight. I use AuctionInc.com to figure the shipping for USPS and UPS. However, they will determine the shipping for Federal Express and DHL also.

No! It actually works out awesome because one person may order something that only costs 3.00 to ship but pays the flat rate of 6.50 and then the next person it could be 7.00. So it averages out that I'm always a little ahead of the game.

So it averages out that I'm always a little ahead of the game.
That was how I did it. I kept a log of each postage paid and had it do an average at the bottom. Unlike Malamute, I'm a little behind (about 30 cents) but that is not too bad, it's not like I'm losing a lot.

I'm a little confused on the flat rate shipping deal. You charge a flat rate of $5.00 no matter how much the package weighs. Am I reading/understanding this right?
Yes that is correct. It works for me because most packages are not more than 2 lbs. But it isn't going to work for everyone, especially those who sell the heavier jar candles as their main item.

The shipping on my retail part is $5. Basically, I'm eating the rest of the shipping cost. I ship heavy bottles of soap, so most of the time, the shipping is over $5. Also, I offer free shipping for purchases over $100. I've been doing it this way for over a year, and it works out well, although it may not seem that way. My business has more than doubled.

The wholesale section charges the actual shipping rate, but I sell the products at a lower price. My profits come out pretty much the same as the retail section.

what about doing it by percent of value of what they perchase. like 10% of what ever they buy? has anyone done it that way?
Yes, basing on percent of purchase price is one way of doing it. Another way would be to base it on dollar amount purchased (you'll see a lot of clothing stores doing it this way). Obviously each method has its pros and cons but the good thing about being in charge is that if it turns out not to be working, you can always go back and change it.