Soy wax c-3

Hi everyone. I am new to making candles and love this member board. I need help with finding a good wick for C-3 wax. My jar is a apothecary 3.75 wide and I use 1.50 FO. I use eco-6 two per jar. I was just wondering what other C-3 users are using. Thanks so much!!!

If you use a diffrent soy wax that you love so much more than C-3 Please share I am open to trying something diffrent. - Julie:D

I'm in the process of switching to GW 464 from C-3, mainly because I was having to use torch sized wicks to get a good burn from C-3 and I'm loving the ease of wicking of 464. I was having to double wick all my widemouths and then not getting a good burn anyway. For example, a 20 oz tureen wouldn't burn evenly with 2 HTP 104's... like it needed triple wicked. Anyway, I have a close supplier of 464 and I'm absolutely loving it- not even ONE complaint so far from me!! I just finished wick testing 3 containers and bunches of FOs and the burn time is awesome too. About 35-40 hours from a 4 oz tin.

Oh, and with C-3, I really couldn't go over 1 oz/lb FO without serious seepage and yet more difficulty burning. I'd cut back on the FO if you're having any problems with the burn.

-Kristi

Two RRD 34's work perfect with this exact jar and wax. I have also used two HTP 73's

Also you need to be sure you test burn in 4hr increments. Dont try to reach a full MP in only 1 or 2hrs. Also sometimes a full MP wont happen until the second test burn. Just be patient.

Thanks sooooooo much!!!! I will have to give it a try. Where do you get your wax from? I have tryed some diffrent soy like KY,Millcreek,and I want to try Bluegrass soy someone said that was really good to. I like the C-3 only because it is a hot pour but I will get over that real quick for a better wax.

Thanks again for your help :yay:

- Julie

Thanks Carrie! I think I may have some of those wicks if not I get some and try them because I still have about 150lbs of wax that I will need to use still.

I am trying different soy waxes just to see what the differents is I like the C-3 because it is a hot pour. - Julie

I get my C-3 from a distributor about 20min away. Many people find that all brands of soy waxes will have good and bad points to them, so most people just go with the brand that is closets to them in order to avoid shipping costs and keep their cost down. Everyone just learns to test test and test until they can get their wax brand to behave.

I have been testing with LX wicks in the C3 since I noticed after searching that other people liked them. I have had absolutely no good results with them. I get hang-up even after wicking up significantly, huge shrooms and prettly lame throw even after a tremendous cure time. Patiently waiting for my Cd samples to come. :undecided

Jakedog,

I get big mushrooms with the LX series too, however in the 5 oz apothocary jars I don't get mushrooms, haven't figured that out yet. My scent throw seems to be pretty good though. I have tried the CD series but for some reason I have hangup on one side, due to the curling of the wick I think. I am going to test some other waxes considering there isn't a supplier that I can just drive and pick it up. I would be interested in opinions on the Golden brands wax

I love the GW 464... it's been SO easy to wick for me. C-3 I'd get major hangup or clogged wicks or no throw, depending on the wick (HTP- hangup, LX- clogs, CD- no throw) and was pulling my hair out to wick it well. 464 has NONE of those issues so far. I haven't used anything but CDs so far cause they work *so* well. Great throw, no mushrooming, no hangup, just perfect burns every time so far. I've wicked wineglasses, 4 and 8 oz tins and 8 oz hourglasses no problem. I have other containers to test still, but getting all these down in all scents first.

Helps that my closest supplier carries it too! But I think I'd pay to have this shipped, I like it so much!

-Kristi