Soy Wax in Soap?

funnygirl

I have a recipe that uses soy wax...as a matter of fact my son swears by this soap. Says he has never used anything that cuts grease better then His Mom's Soap! LOL And he brags about it to all is friends too....he is 18. Anyway pm me if you want the recipe.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND CLAMSHELL PACKAGING FOR INDUVIDAUL BARS OF SOAP. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.;):grin2:

JAMIE

Hi and welcome to the forum. I just wanted to give you a few pointers on forum etiquette that will make your visit here more enjoyable.

First, constant yelling is not necessary and not appreciated. Please take your keyboard off caps lock. People will be more responsive to you if you are not yelling at them.

Second, if you are going to ask a question that's completely off topic from the original post, it is always a good idea to start your own thread. You will have a much better chance of getting your questions answered this way.

Thank you and, again, welcome to our community. :cool2:

I was on the MMS lye calc and it has soy wax as an ingredient. I gots a lots of pure soy wax flakes, LOL! Anyone ever soaped with it? I havent seen any recipes that call for it.

Hi funnygirl,

I've used it in place of beeswax before. I didn't notice much difference at that low an amount. It might be fun to play with higher percentages to see what it does to the soap.

Yep. I was asking about the 100% pure soy flakes I use in candle making. I use Golden Brands 415, so I thought if I could use it in soaps too that would be great. I got ahold of a recipe and used it in my Patchouli & Blackberry soap I just made. Of course I wont know how it acts as far as lather/conditioning until about Feb 1st, LOL! But it was really nice to work with. :wink2: