FO categories

silverm00n

Do you categorize your scents? For example bakery, floral, etc. I'm asking because I'm trying to list the FO's I have into categories so that I can be sure I have at least a few of each different type of scent to test. Instead of having an overload on florals, I wanna be sure that I have some bakeries too. My only problem is that I don't know how to categorize some FO's that have both apple and jasmine or some other combos that can be put under a few different categories? Am I making any sense? :confused::tongue2:

What about cross-referencing scents? An Apple-Jasmine could be double-posted under Fruit and Floral...

Might be a way for someone who ONLY sticks to fruit scents to try something a bit different. And, if you post accurate descriptions, (and they actually READ ;) ) then they'll know what they're getting.

What about cross-referencing scents? An Apple-Jasmine could be double-posted under Fruit and Floral...

Might be a way for someone who ONLY sticks to fruit scents to try something a bit different. And, if you post accurate descriptions, (and they actually READ ;) ) then they'll know what they're getting.

I like that idea! Then it looks like I have more FO's too, hehehe!

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I have mine catagorized on the homepage menu this way:

FRESH AND FRUITY, Berries, citrus and tropical scents.

RAINFORESTS AND GARDENS, Flowers, woodsy and herbal.

GOURMET SCENTS, Bakery and beverage scents of a cozy kitchen.

SCENTS FOR SOULS, Luxury spa scents to restore balance.

SIMPLE PLEASURES, Other unique scents

I always highlight seasonal scents on the homepage, which are cross-referenced from the other pages.

Works pretty well for me and people tell me the site is easy to navigate and find what they want.

I have mine catagorized on the homepage menu this way:

FRESH AND FRUITY, Berries, citrus and tropical scents.

RAINFORESTS AND GARDENS, Flowers, woodsy and herbal.

GOURMET SCENTS, Bakery and beverage scents of a cozy kitchen.

SCENTS FOR SOULS, Luxury spa scents to restore balance.

SIMPLE PLEASURES, Other unique scents

I always highlight seasonal scents on the homepage, which are cross-referenced from the other pages.

Works pretty well for me and people tell me the site is easy to navigate and find what they want.

I like that, sounds easy, thanks for giving me some starting points to ponder on!

Nope. I do not catagorize my scents at all. I list all of them alphabetically. I have found this to be very successful. If you group something BAKERY, then a bakery lover may not look at everything that you have. Sometimes the name of a scent is very enticing even if the scent may not be what the customer typically uses.

Nope. I do not catagorize my scents at all. I list all of them alphabetically. I have found this to be very successful. If you group something BAKERY, then a bakery lover may not look at everything that you have. Sometimes the name of a scent is very enticing even if the scent may not be what the customer typically uses.

Hmm... another perspective, decisions decisions!