wickless jar candles

kforbs126

I thought about the 4 oz jelly jars for wickless. Thought maybe the opening was not big enough. Where do you get your tins? I haven't found any tins for good prices unless you order in quantity. The wide mouth 1/2 pint masons seem like they wound work good, but hate to use 8 oz of wax for a wickless, when 4 oz would do if it is a wide container.

I thought about the 4 oz jelly jars for wickless. Thought maybe the opening was not big enough. Where do you get your tins? I haven't found any tins for good prices unless you order in quantity. The wide mouth 1/2 pint masons seem like they wound work good, but hate to use 8 oz of wax for a wickless, when 4 oz would do if it is a wide container.

I get my tins from Specialty Bottle. I get the 4oz tins, and have also played around with the wider 2.5 oz tin.

My 4oz jjs did fine though, I was just trying to go another direction with containers and for wickless now I stick with just tins.

I like to give wickless as gifts and use myself. What I have been doing is using the metal scalloped floater candle molds without wicking. I think they are about 2 oz. To save on containers, I just make these and put a couple into a short wide container and put this on warmer. When the scent is lost, I pop container in the freezer and take the wax out. This way I only have to store the "large tarts" and not all these containers. I think I'll do this for gifts next Christmas. Give them a couple of containers, a candle warmer and several floaters. I have reused jars on candle warmers and have never had one crack. This way I can give more candle without having to spend money on all the containers.

I use the wide mouth 1/2 pint masons for wickless container candles. People around me love them and this size container works great for them.

A wide shorter tin would work as well, but everyone I've talked to in my area likes the glass container better.

I thought about those too. I love the Ball Elite jars, but they are a little pricey. Do you fill the 1/2 pints all the way? I have just found from experience that I get just as much scent from 4 oz of wax as I do 8 oz. But, I don't sell. It is probably more cost effective if selling to make 8 oz wickless, because the jars are the same price for 4 oz jj or the 1/2 pints and you can charge more for 8 oz. Also, have you ever timed your wickless to see how long the scent lasts? Maybe 8 oz would make the scent last longer? I am still in testing stage.

I would think that while it is being warmed you'll probably get the same scent effect from the 4 oz. or the 8 oz. I get $7.00 for an 8 oz. wickless, and the people in my area seem to like the jar a lot - looks like quite a bit and warms rather quickly.

I just checked and the weight difference between an empty jar and a full one I have is 6.2 oz. (so that would be the weight for the wax and fo combined). That fills the jar about halfway up the threaded part.

I haven't tested to see how long the scent lasts but I haven't had any complaints on it so it must be a while.

Hope that helps a bit.

wj1.JPGwj2.JPG