My Base Recipe.....possibly

wildangel112

I think I've finally settled on my base recipe. It makes one heck of a bubbly bar. If you decide to try it, please post your results. I'd love to know what you think of it. :)

25.67% olive oil

23.33% rice bran oil

15.67% palm oil

17.67% coconut oil

17.67% palm kernel oil

At times I go simpler and omit the rbo, but can't really tell any difference in the batches.

Rena

I find it very gentle on the skin, not drying at all. My poor mother has the equivalent of crocodile hide on her elbows, and her face flakes so bad in the winter. She says she loves the way her skin feels now since she's been using this bar. I've had customer reviews raving on how soft it left their skin feeling. Also several on how much their kids enjoyed the bubbles :D . My youngest nephew loves holding it under the faucet to make bubbles faster.

OMH is still my all around favorite bar, but this one runs a close second.

I would like to try this but I don't have any rbo. You said you omit it what do you use in place of it?

OMG, where my brain is I'll never know ;) . I'm glad you caught that and now the edit button isn't there where I can correct it.

I simply omit the rbo at times and use olive in it's place. As CareBear pointed out, it's basically interchangeable.

Rena

• 3 weeks later...

Lmao CareBear I got side tracked on this one and made GM instead.I've had this coughing crud for over 2 weeks now and haven't been doing much of anything. I think I am going to try it today and maybe add some castor oil for a better lather. I like creamy lathers but I prefer the bubbly lather so we'll see. I don't have any RBO so I think I'll use another oil instead of that much olive oil. I'll let ya know.