Total newbie looking to make wickless candles

broadzilla

Wickless candles are the easiest. No wick to worry about. What type of wax are you using? Basically just melt your wax, add dye and FO and pour. You will want a wide short container, but not so big that it doesn't fit on candle warmer. I know seamless tins work good. Maybe the 1/2 pint short masons would work well. Just remember the wax melts from the bottom up, unlike a wicked candle. So you would not want a tall container. Also, you get more scent from a wide mouth container because of the larger melt pool. I use wickless all the time. I love them.

Thank you MaryAnn,

I have no idea what wax to use. *lol* I have never made a candle in my life, of any kind. I am thinking maybe I need to buy some kit or something to see what it's all about. All I know is that I spend a fortune on buying candles from stores for other people, and I want to make my own. I've been reading this thread for hours. It is full of info!

Thanks again!:grin2:

Thank you MaryAnn,

I have no idea what wax to use. *lol* I have never made a candle in my life, of any kind. I am thinking maybe I need to buy some kit or something to see what it's all about. All I know is that I spend a fortune on buying candles from stores for other people, and I want to make my own. I've been reading this thread for hours. It is full of info!

You will spend a small fortune to make your own, too. Remember you need to Test, Test, Test & Test some more.

Thank you MaryAnn,

A good kit with a container wax would be good to try first. A great wax for wickless is Comfort Blend. It's a bitch to wick by itself.

Wickless are easy because as mentioned, no need to test wicks. I have yet to find a fragrance that doesn't throw in a wickless jar from the suppliers I buy from.

I am pretty new to this too. I have read the boards religiously. If you don't make wicked candles, you can save a lot of time and money in testing. First you have to decide if you want to make parrafin or soy. I chose soy. I know a lot of people use J223 for containers if making parrafin. I use Ezsoy from Bittercreek. I am making my own for same reason you are. I like to give candles for gifts and to use them myself. I do save money making them myself and I know they are good quality because of wax and FO I use. What I would do is get a sampler pack of scents. I read the boards and see what are the strongest scents. Bittercreek has a great board. You can do a search for "strongest scents". Of course I would try to order from a company that would have the best shipping for you. Bittercreek happened to be lowest shipping for me. Most of the suppliers sites have instructions for the wax they sell. You could also make tarts for tart burners, they are easy and make nice gifts. Just keep reading the boards and you'll learn a lot of tips that will be helpful. It is a hobby for me, and I am really enjoying it. Its so fun trying the different scents! Peak Candle Supply seems to be another one highly mentioned on here. I would like to try them too. Good Luck