craftlister questions

Luci

Over the past few months I have read a good many recommendations for www.craftlister.com and was receiving emails from them. I did not have a paid subscription but mainly tried to attend whatever I could to observe (and buy and have fun!) I am now interested in a paid subscription, but I have questions.

Since the crash of their website, have any of you subscribed or re-subscribed? Are you happy with the results? I am hoping to sometime in the coming year be ready for a small show or festival and know that it will take me months of hard work, etc. I rarely see notices in the local papers, etc. Besides craftlister, have any of you found any other useful resources? The local papers have nothing except the couple of big ones right here which don't interest me since they are in the dead of summer and outdoors. :undecided I would melt and so would everything I had.

Even if I find that I am not ready next year, I would still like to attend events, but I need to plan.

I think craftlister is an awesome site to use. I've been using it again since the crash and things are getting back to normal at a pretty good rate. I've found TONS of shows to attend and sell at in my area. And I get most of the inquiries about shows I promote from there. Make sure you post info or ratings so you can get some free subsription time.

Try looking in the Pennysaver if your area has one, or even local county or town/city papers. Most of the time I see postings in those to get customers to come, but a lot of times there are listings in them because the people are looking for more vendors. You may also check places like Craigslist.org or even check out some of the calendar sections on websites like the local radios stations, there are listings there as well. Of course check with the schools, especially big high schools. The schools usually have events in the fall/winter and spring. HTH