Really Big Candle

tlc

Well I finally made the 5" square candle that I posted a question about a few months back:embarasse . I tried my hand at marbling and it actually looks better than the pics show.. As you can see there isn't much effect at the bottom part of the candle. The bottom of the container is concave so the wax was setting up faster than the rest, so that made it hard for me to get the color into those areas. One of the pictures shows (I hope) that the very center of the candle sunk down. I am not sure why.. Maybe with a little more experience I can get better results. I really like the container but so far haven't been able to come up with any more. That might be a good thing because I had a heck of a time trying to figure out a way to hold the wicks to keep them straight while the wax set up. There were quite a few problems that I came across while making a candle this large and I did learn a lesson or two:D

BTW it took 2 lbs. of wax (CBA) to make this candle.

Merry Christmas!!

post-2288-13945841587_thumb.jpg

post-2288-139458415874_thumb.jpg

I did some testing before doing the final pour and I found that with the wicks placed closer together the melt pool didn't reach the corners. I used 4 htp 52 (?) wicks. The flame dances a little but I thought she might like that effect. There may be a better size wick or a different type that may have worked better..

Thank you for the feedback and Happy holidays.

with HTP 52s I dont think you will have to worry about the glass getting too hot in that soy. It looks great, congrats on your first biggie.

I thought it may get a little too hot with 4 wicks but when I tested it seemed to be just fine. It sure looks nice lit.

Actually I think that looks purty cool. Is this our tlc who has been MIA for a couple o' months?

Thanks for complement Scented!

I think you might be thinking of tlc26?? I haven't posted much as of yet, mostly reading and learning :)