Favorite wax for tarts and votives?

Currently using Ezsoy for containers and tarts. Not having great results with scent. I would like to try a non soy votive and tart wax that doesn't need to cure forever. One that has a great throw. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if you make votives, what wicks are your favorite and what size?

I used IGI1343 for years, then got out of making pillars, votives and tarts, have recently started doing the votives again now that i have a store to put some candles in. The 1343 was always consistent and the majority of fo's I tested, kicked butt in the votives and tarts! Now.....if I could just remember the wicking for the pillars!!!!

I got into making mottled pillars for a while so when I wanted to make tarts used some of that wax [4045h] and J223. Had only 16 molds so let them skin then sit in freezer for 15-20 min. Enough to harden with out freezing. Otherwise got condensation when I tried to shrinkwrap and had to let them set around for a day to thaw. If I have time I let them sit all day, either way they pop right out of the mold.

I have been using the IGI4794 for votives with either HTP-41 or

44-24-18 zinc core wicks. I was adding the FO at about 175 degrees, but then read in the archives that the scent throw will be better if you add FO at 180 degrees. We have been testing with good scent throw those at 175, but the others are still curing, so we'll see. I am hoping for great scent throw:wink2:

• 9 months later...

Hmmmm...I'm using 4794 and haven't been real thrilled with the throw, but I've been adding FO at about 170 (that's what the instructions from Peak recommends). I'll up that to 180 and see what happens. I'm using 36-24-24 Zinc Core wicks.

I'm about to order a case of votive wax and was looking up favorite votive waxes. Now I'm unsure whether to order more 4794 or try a different wax. :confused:

Darbla

I used 1343 for a long long time. Last year I discovered 4625 and love it. Sometimes I switch back to 1343 if I want a more translucent color. The zinc-core (36-24-24 or 44-24-18) work fine with either wax. Recently I tried the LX (can't remember if it was 10 or 12?) and it was okay. Honestly, I have only had two instances of wick problems in votives (not with 1343 or 4635, but other waxes).