ezsoy wicking question

Hi everyone,

I am testing ezsoy out and have a few questions. I am using 8 oz square mason jars and use HTP wicks and have been using 1212 in the Ecoadvanced cb 135, any suggestions on wick size for ezsoy? Oh yeah, I use 1.5 oz fo ppw. Any suggestions on heat temp and pour temp with ezsoy? thanks for all your help.

thanks,

tasha

Hi everyone,

I am testing ezsoy out and have a few questions. I am using 8 oz square mason jars and use HTP wicks and have been using 1212 in the Ecoadvanced cb 135, any suggestions on wick size for ezsoy? Oh yeah, I use 1.5 oz fo ppw. Any suggestions on heat temp and pour temp with ezsoy? thanks for all your help.

thanks,

tasha

I pour at 180 less frosting for me when I pour at that temp. I also use a 51-32-18 or a 44-32-18 but it really depends on the candle though cause some time one wick will burn differenty in the same size candle. The best thing you could do is test your candles and wicks after they are made.

I also pour that wax, when it starts to get like a milk consistancy. In my experience, those jars were a bear to wick. I gave up trying to get a good consistant burn in them. I went with a more straight up and down jar, with a smaller neck and chimney. They are cute jars, so good luck with them. I would go with a very large HTP wick, a 126 or larger. My issue was I couldn't get a good burn well with the largest wick, nor doubling the 2 smallest wicks I had (HTP31).

I had no problem double wicking them....but the double wicking, even the double HTP31 seemed to be overkill and the single largest 1312 couldn't get the job done. Since that is the primary wick I use, and didn't want to go to another series, I just gave up on them. They are cute jars, and with the right wick, probably burn well.