mini loaf wick test is awful

Can anyone that makes mini grubby loaves tell me what wick they use successfully. I tested today and had an awful mess. :mad:

I used 2 44z's. They did really well at the top going through the grubby part and then down about a 1/2 inch I had major blowout on the side. I ended with just a puddle of wax. This was after 2 hours and 1 wick trim after it got through the grubby.

Any help is appreciated, TIA

I've not made these, buy you two sound like you're talking about different types, one is freestanding(blowout), one left in the container(no hang up). Maybe I'm just confuzzled :rolleyes2

LOL no your not confuzzled, It's me that's confuzzled. Gee gotta read more carefully. Don't know how I missed one key word "blowout" duh, either got to get my glasses changed or read more carefully. Now I'm gonna go back in my corner with my blankie. :embarasse

I used 1343 pillar wax for this. I would try the 36z but I don't have any of that size. I do have sample packs of CD's though. Isn't the CD10 similar to a 60z? I wonder if I should try a CD4 or CD5. I could try that and if they don't work, I'll see if I can get some 36's. Thanks so much for the input.:)