Clamshells:a question and a vent all in one. **UPDATE--FOUND THEM!!**

Terrie

OK..me and another member of the board just split an order of 840 clams from Millcreek. Well, I am HUGELY disappointed in the quality of these clams. They are flimsy, and most of them BARELY close, and some do not close at all. :mad: These are NOT the clams I was using from another co-op. My question is, has anyone used the clams from Millcreek AND the clams from another supplier? I am looking for the clams that are SMALLER than the ones from Millcreek. Does anyone know where I can get these, or does anyone even know what I'm talking about? LOL

Hi Terrie- I just did a co-op for these from Millcreek and just got them in about a half an hour ago. I tested a bunch of them out and they all seem to snap shut just like the ones I got from Vickey's co-op awhile ago on the old board. I wonder why ours are different and we both just got them from Millcreek. I hope they are able to resolve this for you. Let me know how it works out.

lol, I was looking at that site too! I live close by. Maybe we could share? I could pick up for you if you like! I seen one of them were only 10 cents each, but no picture, and the cheaper one is only 1 case minimum, while the more expensive one is 2 case minimum. I wonder why:confused:... 10 cents a piece would be nice! :

Clam Shell #

Click Part Number for Picture--Units Per Case--Outside Dimensions (inches)--Number of Cavities--Cavity Dimensions (inches)--Unit Price--Cost Per Case--Case Weight

1524-C-- 840 -- 4 3/4 x 3 -- 6 -- 1 x 1 x 1 -- $0.100 -- $84.00 -- 30

1524-- 875 -- 4 1/8 x 2 3/4 -- 6 -- 1 x 1 x 1 -- $0.150 -- $131.25 -- 25

Wow, I'm glad you found where the old ones were from. Yes, the new ones are different.....definitely different quality too. Oh well, too late for me now -- I have 200 of them. i wouldn't say they are bad persae, but they are different.

Got mine in shutterbugs co-op, haven't had any trouble closing them, but I know one thing, I ain't gonna do clamshells, poured a few last night and I hate doing them, I'm not that steady with pouring in something so small. I made a mess . Egads guess I wasted money this time. That's what I get for jumping into something I haven't tried before.:rolleyes2

Got mine in shutterbugs co-op, haven't had any trouble closing them, but I know one thing, I ain't gonna do clamshells, poured a few last night and I hate doing them, I'm not that steady with pouring in something so small. I made a mess . Egads guess I wasted money this time. That's what I get for jumping into something I haven't tried before.:rolleyes2

Then I'm assuming you don't do tarts either...right? ;) I H-A-T-E making tarts. Hate is an understatement. Now pouring clamshells, on the other hand, is awesome. I use a pyrex pour pot and they are a DREAM to pour.

Then I'm assuming you don't do tarts either...right? ;) I H-A-T-E making tarts. Hate is an understatement. Now pouring clamshells, on the other hand, is awesome. I use a pyrex pour pot and they are a DREAM to pour.

LOL you got that right. I tried a few tarts hate it with a passion. Hate pouring anything small. and the clamshells I hate even more. I either don't get enough in them or too much and you should see the mess I make. course here lately I can't even pour in anything without making a mess, just a few days ago spilled almost a whole pound of melted wax all over my floor. Took me hours to clean it up. I'm beginning to think I'm the all time fumble queen. :rolleyes2 Wanna buy some clamshells to pour.......;)