What a mess!

Ok, I knew this day would come. :o I had my first wax spill last night, what a freaking mess!! They soy is easier to clean up when spilled.......easier than what?????...LMAO!! I have never worked with other waxes yet so I don't have any other spills to compare. I do know that I will probably be finding spots I missed years from now. Oh well, live and learn right!;)

Soy is great to clean up...the pampered chef pot scrapers work great for taking wax blobs off the floor, table, and counter tops...bet you can't figure out how I know! :grin2:

I use the very same tool! lol Somehow I have ended up with 3 of them, so now one is dedicated to my candle messes.

I use the very same tool! lol Somehow I have ended up with 3 of them, so now one is dedicated to my candle messes.

I lost both of mine (actually I think I should have THREE, but have none). I now use my Victoria's Secret credit card for scraping duty! An expired one...

A hot iron and a brown bag. Put the bag over the wax and iron the bag. The wax should transfer out of the carpet, onto the bag. I've done this in my office (commercial type carpeting) with soy wax.

But first pick out what you can. I like to first take out the chunks, then for the living room rug I soften a tiny bit with my hair dryer and comb out a bit more with my big-toothed comb (I have a fluffy carpet), then finish with a bag/iron. In the TV room where the carpet is really low nap I skip the comb step...

ETA: I don't make candles (yet) but I've spilled plenty of wax in my time! :(