anyone using the crystal wax sp 487p

I have a sample of sp487p coming from Strahl & Pitsch, I currently use ky 125 but love the look of the Mia Bella candles and was wondering if this wax has a good Hot Throw. Also forgot to ask the company what the cost is of this wax. Is it very expensive. What is the best dyes to use? The person I spoke with at Strahl & Pitch said the French color dyes work well, so is this what I should use or has anyone found some that works better? TIA

I tested the SP487 a couple years ago, and even though, I loved the look of the candle, the scent throw was not as strong as the Kysoy125. I do not remember the cost of the wax. As far as coloring goes, it was pretty easy to color, so I would think any coloring would do for now, especially if you are only testing it for a trial run. You can always switch coloring, if you plan on using it. As far as wicking goes, I cannot find my notes, so I cannot help you there.

On a personal note, if you are use to the scent throw you are getting from the Kysoy125, which I think it superb, you will be disappointed in the scent throw you get from the SP487 since it is not as strong. Don't misunderstand, the SP487 does throw, but not as well. HTH

I agree that it doesn't throw as well as my straight soy. But it does color well, with very little color. They have a beautiful appearance and pretty sparkly crystal looking tops. If I remember right, the wax was a little pricey, and they do not have distributors for it, you have to buy from them direct. Which if you live up in their part of the world is not a problem, but Texas is a long ways away and shipping would be a killer. Also, don't try to mix any soy with it to improve the throw, it kills the cool effects. It is a beautiful wax though, I still have some, just haven't made any in a while. You also had to kinda treat it like palm, if I remember, keeping relief holes open while it is cooling.

I agree that it doesn't throw as well as my straight soy. But it does color well, with very little color. They have a beautiful appearance and pretty sparkly crystal looking tops. If I remember right, the wax was a little pricey, and they do not have distributors for it, you have to buy from them direct. Which if you live up in their part of the world is not a problem, but Texas is a long ways away and shipping would be a killer. Also, don't try to mix any soy with it to improve the throw, it kills the cool effects. It is a beautiful wax though, I still have some, just haven't made any in a while. You also had to kinda treat it like palm, if I remember, keeping relief holes open while it is cooling.

i was just wondering...what if you were to make a regular candle with your soy and then top it off with the sparkly looking wax...would that look cool or dumb?