The coat hanger thing

Scented

OK, I know Z knows how to do it really well!! This was my attempt (worked better than I thought, but it's still ugh! I did it in a lime soap too, but it just looks like a white smile.

Z or anyone who knows how to do this ... (yes I have studied the tutorial on the Whisk lol) is there a trick to getting the really cool looking stuff?

This is scented Mambo for Chicks (ok women) ... FO from Solas. Dang strong at 1 oz ppo, but it's still kinda young (birthed this week.)

[ATTACH]9532[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458415684_thumb.jpg

It looks wonderful to me:) The trick is to make sure you have a medium trace, do not let it get too thick on you.pour the darker colors first. I have mastered the art of having 4 separate containers filled the exact same level with soap, 2 with my dark colors and 2 with my light so my layers are even (if I am just going to do 2 colors.) I pour my dark layer, grab a ladle, pour the next layer (light) over the ladle, then scrape the ladle off, pour the next dark layer, scrape ladle, pour light layer over ladle. I leave a tiny bit of the dark color in the container, grab the coathanger, stick it in the bottom corner and move it across 1/2" by 1/2" till I reach the top of the other corner. Then do it again the other way without taking the coat hanger out. I usually go a little crazy after that and pretend like I am a composer at the symphony for about 10 seconds with the coat hanger (with my eyes closed, feeling the swirls emerge *no, I am not on drugs:angry2:*) and then I spoon the rest of the dark color on top and play with it.

I guess I don't understand :confused: I thought it was when you divided a log mold w/ cardboard poured two different colors on each side of the divider. Placed a hanger at the bottom of the mold pulled the divider out slowly, then made "z" motions up the middle of the two colors ?!

I take a wire coat hangerm untwist the hook part, then straighten out the 2 sides. The corners will still have some curve to them, unless you can get ahold of a really thin wire hanger and actually make a perfect 90 degree angle on both sides.

A picture explains it so much better so I quickly took one:

1007541mr2.jpg

The method where you seperate your mold with a piece of cardboard is pretty cool too. You pour your colors, then take whatever you like to swirl with and move it across the mold to bring the colors together without totally mixing them. That's how I did this one with my PVC pipe, but I did not get it the way I wanted it though:undecided

1006750rd8.jpg