My first little bundt cake

monkeybritches

I wait until my "drizzle" wax is much, much cooler....then drizzle over the top...then I take a grater & Grate Vanilla Scented Wax over the entire cake...do it as fast as you can after you drizzle...that way the little shavings stick!! Looks amazing.

Love yours.....sounds yummy as well!!! Cherry!!

Joyce (David's wife):D

I made my very first big bundt cake the other day and although the coloring was not what I was looking for....I thought it was a good first....except after about 12 hours the drizzle appeared to have air bubbles under it and it then looked well....like wax! I poured the drizzle much cooler. What type wax or coloring do you use for both the cake and drizzle to obtain the best looking "cake"?

ALSO.... do you put the mold in a water bath? How do people acheive the cakey look and not the shiny wax look?

Thanks

Oh by the way! I think the baby bundt is really cute and a great first!

I made my very first big bundt cake the other day and although the coloring was not what I was looking for....I thought it was a good first....except after about 12 hours the drizzle appeared to have air bubbles under it and it then looked well....like wax! I poured the drizzle much cooler. What type wax or coloring do you use for both the cake and drizzle to obtain the best looking "cake"?

ALSO.... do you put the mold in a water bath? How do people acheive the cakey look and not the shiny wax look?

Thanks

Oh by the way! I think the baby bundt is really cute and a great first!

On this one, I had some left over regular parrafin wax and used it with about a teaspoon of steric and vybar. I didn't water bath it, just let it cool naturally. They coloring is a vanilla color from bittercreek, they have a large selection of wonderful colors and scents.