What is the best kind of wax to use for tarts?

I use a lot of different waxes. If you want firm tarts that don't smear and pop out of the warmer easily, you need a firmer wax then just container. I mix container wax with pillar (about 50/50) to get a good firmness. With soy, I use the 416 tart wax from golden brands. It takes A LOT of FO for a strong tart. (I get this wax from Soycandle.com). It is a terrible addiction! Have fun!

The best wax I've found for tarts is Astor 6228. Pour at about 175, warming the tart mold, and when they cool, they just fall out of the mold.

They smell good, too. I have a lot of tart customers who say ours are the best they've ever bought. (Not to brag, of course)

Fredron

The best wax I've found for tarts is Astor 6228. Pour at about 175, warming the tart mold, and when they cool, they just fall out of the mold.

They smell good, too. I have a lot of tart customers who say ours are the best they've ever bought. (Not to brag, of course)

Fredron

Where is that available?

I use J223, 6006, cba, and cba 135 for container candles. Several months ago, a friend who was testing for me said that she had been digging out the last bit of wax and putting in her tart warmers. So, I started pouring the leftover bits from the pour pitcher into little silicon muffin molds to give her. She has also shared them with her neighbor. She says they all do fine, and believe me, she is one of those who would complain as if she were paying big $$ for them if they weren't fine.

I too use the 6228 and I love it. Most of my tarts last for days one lasted 5 whole days non stop. I only threw it out because my husband was tired of smelling the same scent. I use to get mine from early american candle supplies as well but they keep raising their prices on it. I live about 50 miles from them. I compared there cost with tristates plus shipping. And I am getting it for about the same if tristate delivers plus i hate the drive into pittsburgh. Those people don't mind walking out in front of you.

• 3 weeks later...
I poured some tarts with the 6228 last night. Poured at 175 into warmed molds till flush with the top. Things sunk like there was no tomorrow. And my repour wasn't pretty.

Any suggestions on minimizing the sinking?

Now i'm no expert on making tarts. I have just started to adventure into this but one thing I have found out from my mistakes is......... in order to reduce sinking you have to let the wax cool down more. You say you poured at 175......try letting it cool even more. Maybe someone can chime in and give you an exact temp. I don't remember what the temp I poured at the get better results.