Enough Candles, Now for Christmas!

bugtussle

Just packed up the last fundraiser for this year. Tomorow I will put up our tree. I'm not bragging, but I am very proud of what we have gotton out since the end of September on fundraisers - 5,224 tins, 623 tureens, 483 pods and 66 Levine warmers. Gross $ on what was sold is over $40/m and we got $22,000. Now this sounds GREAT, but my husband & I have never worked so hard in our lives. I love making candles, but this was almost too much. Merry Christmas everyone! Carole

Just packed up the last fundraiser for this year. Tomorow I will put up our tree. I'm not bragging, but I am very proud of what we have gotton out since the end of September on fundraisers - 5,224 tins, 623 tureens, 483 pods and 66 Levine warmers. Gross $ on what was sold is over $40/m and we got $22,000. Now this sounds GREAT, but my husband & I have never worked so hard in our lives. I love making candles, but this was almost too much. Merry Christmas everyone! Carole

Wow, and I have practically gone crazy over what I did since Oct. I can't even imagine making that many or making that much money. I never did finish my tree -- just a few ornaments on it.....it is a very detailed/elegant tree. I was going to start on it tonight and right when I was heading out to the barn to clean before starting on the tree, the electricity went out. :mad: I just wanted to cry. :cry2: I can't win! I usually have my tree up either right before Thanksgiving or right after. The electricity just came back on about an hour ago.

Are you having trouble changing gears? I found that after all the candle rush I lost interest in other things. I don't know how not to be busy out in the shop even though I want a break.

They must have been big fundraisers. Was the amount you made for "several" fundraisers? Great job! I bet you do want to get back to some things in "normal" life. You must feel like you have accomplished a lot.

Have a wonderful Christmas!