Ky Perfect Blend Wax sinking

I have just done a few container candles so far and I have used two different type of waxes, coloring, and fo with the same kind of container (mason jars). Both sink right in the middle. I actually remelted my second candle (don't know if you are supposed to do that with fo and color in it with double boiler) and thought I would just not put in a wick because I thought that was making it sink in the middle, but that one sunk as well. What am I doing wrong? Does one pour wax really mean one pour? Thanks for any help. :confused:

It does usually mean one pour, but the results can vary with the container and your candlemaking technique. Gotta make sure you're pouring at the right temperature, not cooling too fast and stuff like that.

People can usually help you more easily if you describe what exactly you're doing and the materials you're using.

Well, the second (and only) one I used a paraffin soy mixture, KY perfect blend. It said to heat to 175 and pour at 155. So, I heated to 175, added fo and dye, mixed and poured at 155. Within a couple of hours it had already begin to sink. So I then heated this mixture up a second time thinking it was the wick so I took the wick out and started again. I reheated it, however it was heated with the fo and color. Don't know if that makes a difference being that it turned out the same the first time. Help

If you change the subject line to say KY Perfect Blend sinking, someone who has experience with that wax is liable to notice and help out. You can also try searching on "perfect+blend" to see if this has been discussed before.

Just speaking in general, if you're using a large container you might want to try pouring 5 degrees cooler, at the lower end of the recommended range. Also if your room is cool it can be helpful to enclose the container or cover it with something so it cools slower.

Leaving out the wick won't help. Besides the fact that you'll be needing it to light the candle, having a wick in there generally helps spread out the shrinkage a bit.

I know this sounds strange, but the cracks and dips seem to go pretty far down. I just did a second pour, so I guess we will see what happens. Kind of frusterating. I thought the problems would be more with the wicking, and I can't even get to that point.