newbie? Turkey fryer?

I've been using a presto pot with good results but I thought I might like a turkey fryer for Christmas (I have big dreams). My question is how do you measure the wax? I weigh my wax before I put it in the Presto and add my FO after I put it in the pour pot. If you use the fryer, do you just make large batches of one FO? Or can you pour into serveral different pour pots? If you do this, how do you weigh the melted wax? I'm using soy wax. Does anyone understand my Question?:confused:

If you have a wax melter, don't weigh the wax beforehand. Just melt the flakes or slabs -- no worries on the weight. Weigh your melted wax out into a pour pot and mix up your batches that way. Just dip with a dipping pot of some kind and pour into your pour pot, which is sitting on your scale, which has been tared once you put the empty pot onto your scale. Because the pour pot will get hot with that wax in there, you might want to put a potholder under your pot. One that is stable and level, natch. :) hth

I never weigh it either, I just fill that sucker up. I use the same method as above. Place the pour pot on your scale, tare out the weight of the pot, then start putting wax in the pour pot and weigh out what you need for that scent. After the wax is weighed out I put my oil directly into the pour pot too while its on the scale so I can weigh it out. Add dye, stir & pour. So much faster that waiting for wax to melt each time in the presto. HTH! :wink2:

If you are asking Hubby for a turkey fryer, check out Bed, Bath & Beyond. They have a Masterbuilt on sale for $99.00 with a spout! If you have a 20% off coupon (comes in the mail), then it will only cost you $79.00. I checked them out this week, and they look like a great idea for melting wax. HTH