Uh Oh! This was not Good!!Help

Marisa

Okay so the story goes I was going to make my Favorite Honey Bee bar soap last night.. a 7pound batch mind you ,and all was well until I added the beeswax /Coconut mixture.. and then the honey turned it a dark brown /burnt orange color so I hurried a threw it in the mold.. So anyways once it was in the mold I placed a towl under it and put it on my "Cherry wood dining table" an hour later I came in to check on it and there must of been a leak cause it was all over my new table and took the finish right off about half of my table!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has never happened before :(

My husband was not to happy to say the least.. so I may have to pay Elizabeth (who lives close) to make my future batches as I think I am banned from making soap!!!LOL

Anyway ... I guess I need ro rebatch what I saved and my question is ..IS rebatched soap sellable? What changes in the final product?. I have never rebatched soap contaning Honey and beeswax is there anything special I should add? This was nautral with no fragrance..Thanks for listening to my story..Im really sad about my nice table.. but I guess I should have keeped it in the kitchen;) TIA!

WOW that was some potent soap, I am soooo sorry to hear about your table, and as I know NOTHING about making homemade soap, I can only assume it was the lye that took the finish off??? :(

What a bummer, I really hope that it's an easier fix than it sounds (I refinish furniture quite a bit). *crossing fingers*

I sell my rebatched soap but I sell it and give the proceeds to charity. I rebatch all my soap (to include all my soap odds and ends and those batches that either didn't turn out or the scent I didn't like) and sell them to make money for our local animal shelter to help pay the vet bills for any animals brought in or found requiring medical attention.