I can't give tins away....

southernscents

I currently carry 6oz tins with my jar candles and I cannot give them away. Well, you know what I mean. We did a show 2 weeks ago and not one of them sold. My mother, her friend and me seem to be the only ones that buy them. I love them. I put one in a basket that I gave to dtr's school for fall festival to be auctioned off just to see one go.

Am I making the wrong size? I thought maybe I should switch to 4oz and 8oz or something. What sizes do you sell?

What do you have them priced at? What size jar candles do you sell and what are their prices?

At my shows I currently offer the 4oz tins, 8oz tins, 6oz Hex and 16oz Apothecaries.

My prices are

4oz tins $5(sell like hot cakes..people love $5 for some reason)

8oz tins $8

6oz Hex $6 each or 3 for $15(the $5 deal again lol)

16oz Apothecary $14

My top sellers are the 4oz tins and the 6oz Hex at craft shows.

I carry 6oz and 8oz tins, along with 4oz and 8oz jelly jars. By far the biggest seller for me is the tins! I can't keep them around! I sell the 6oz for $6 and the 8oz for $7.50. Everyone says they like them better because the wax is used completely up in the tins, compared to a smidgen left in the jars. I personally like jars, but my customers like the tins:p

If it's any consolation to you, the Yankee tins I carry don't sell well either. I don't think it's just at my store that they don't sell well. I saw them at a Yankee Outlet store buy 3 at $5 ea, get 1 free!

I think people are drawn to color, and a metal tin is cold and uninviting. Sure, they're convenient, but I think most people consider candles as a "feel good" kind of thing, not one about convenience.

I only have the 6 oz but it may depend on your marketing...I push them as great for travelers to make those nasty hotel rooms smell better. Let them cool, put the lid on and throw them in the suitcase - no breakage. Lots of people travel...business, band competitions, sports competitions, academic competitions....I also have a few "guy" scents. Great for masking the cigar smoke from poker night!

Guest EMercier

I wanted to do the tins, but I wanted to use the clear top ones for the visual effect with a clear label on the top. I thought because they can see the same colors, but can travel with them it would help. I've done some research and some people are waiting for me to do these.