Confused about candles, HELP!!

I had made some candles and had them in different places to sell. Well I picked some up one day and decided to burn one. I was so surprised when I did!!. The candle started to burn a very little burn pool. It was awful. I tested all of my candles and they worked great. I just did not understand why this happened. I was wondering if anyone might know why this has happened. I thought maybe the cooler weather, but I am just confused.:cry2: I burned a couple more and it did about the same thing. HELP!!!!!!!! Oh, by the way I use Igi 4627 wax and some vybar in it.

Well, I was just wanting to burn one of my candles for myself. I wasn't testing, just going to enjoy. The candle did not burn right. It burned down the middle. One burned very little out after about an hour. It did not burn like I had tested them. Now I am freaking out to think I have these out for sale and they are not burning properly. I just dont know what to do, or what went wrong. :undecided

If you've tested your wax & that particular fo & know them to burn correctly, I'd guess you have a 'dud' wick. Did you burn any candles from the same batch to compare? I've used the same supplier for wicks for about 5 yrs & have had wicks here & there that just wouldn't burn right, even had a few crackle & snap as they got going - like they had been wet at some point, perhaps. I buy from Cajun Candles & after Katrina I had a whole bag that didn't want to burn right. They said they didn't have an issue w/ flooding, but I kinda wonder if the extreme weather/humidity didn't have something to do w/ it. I've seen the tunneling thing a few times over the yrs & other candles from the same batch burned correctly, that's why I think it may be a wick issue.

Susan.

I thought maybe the cooler weather, but I am just confused.:cry2: I burned a couple more and it did about the same thing. HELP!!!!!!!! Oh, by the way I use Igi 4627 wax and some vybar in it.

Weather has everything to do with it. You should plan on the possibility of having to wick up in colder weather. And you shouldn't be using vybar in 4627.

Ocassionaly we have that problem also. We do not add vybar to the 4627, there is no need to. Sometimes you could have a bad wick. Are you burning it in a cold location....I had one burning in my sunroom in the evening and it tended to tunnel because it was cold in the room. Are you using zinc wicks with this wax? Size and shape of the container? Lot's of variables! If we have a customer that complains that a candle is not burning properly, we tell them to bring it in and we then burn another from the shelf to see if it's just the one candle. Of course we test all of our candles when we change even the supplier of the FO. Even my Yankee's I got for Mother's Day do weird things, burn very uneven and tunnel!:cool2:

Sliver -- I know we all get different results depending on our location & I don't have to deal w/ too much cold in Tx, but I've never heard of wicking up for colder climates. It just doesn't 'click' in my mind, can you explain why that would be the case?

Susan.

How long did you test? Did you test every scent you made?

Yes I did test every scent I have made. That is what's so weird about it. I tested to the bottom of every candle. I think it could be weather. I will burn a few more and see what I get. I will let ya know! Thanks:D