Labeling: Inkjet vs Laser Waterproof

danno5717

Laser is waterproof. You don't need to use special labels. I can't find the right word i'm looking for, but the ink is basically melted onto the paper and it shouldn't come off. That's one of the nice things about laser printers. I use them all the time for water bottles for my business and have never has one run..:grin2:

Good luck!

Sharon

I use the inkjet vinyl waterproof labels from Elements, as I didn't want to invest in a color laser at this junture. They work perfectly for me on both of my HP inkjet printers (a 940C and a 3820).

What kind of inkjet cartridges are you using (factory or remanufactured)?

That can make a difference.

I use vinyl labels from Online Labels and use an Epson inkjet printer which uses Dura Brite Ultra ink. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/DuraBrite/DuraBriteMain.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes

What is DURABrite Ultra?

DURABrite Ultra® Ink is a revolutionary pigment-based ink technology that not only gives you the superior image quality you need, but provides the water, smudge, and light resistance you want. If you're looking for ink that delivers exceptional quality and durability, the solution is clear – DURABrite Ultra Ink. DURABrite Ultra ink is available on the following Epson ink jet printers and all-in-ones: C88, CX3800 Series, CX4200, CX4800, CX5800F, and CX7800. Experience the difference for yourself!

What can you expect when you try the new, revolutionary DURABrite® Ultra pigment ink?

Bold text, colorful graphics and superb photos

Brilliant output on plain paper and glossy photo papers

Smudge resistant prints, so you can enjoy worry-free handling when you share your favorite photos with family and friends

Fade resistance of up to 100 years, so each print is sure to be cherished for years to come

Water resistant prints, even on plain paper

New, Revolutionary DURABrite Ultra Pigment Ink

What can you expect when you try the new, revolutionary DURABrite® Ultra pigment ink? For starters, you'll achieve beautiful print quality on glossy photo paper, as well as plain paper. DURABrite Ultra pigment ink ensures great results every time, whether you're printing text, graphics or photos. Plus, you'll get durable prints that are smudge resistant, fade resistant and even water resistant. So you can enjoy worry-free handling when you share your favorite photos with family and friends. And, with fade resistance of up to 100 years, each print is sure to be cherished for years to come. So, if you're looking for ink that delivers exceptional quality and durability, the solution is clear – DURABrite Ultra.

Thanks all. Candle Man, I've been using the vinyl labels successfully up until the most recent batch I received 2 weeks ago. When I started to print on this new batch they just looked awful with major bleeding and visible vertical lines. For a sanity check I printed on a page of the previous batch and it printed perfectly. I don't know how long these threads are maintained but I would love to know how the next batch that you receive does. I've had awesome results until now and I'm really dissapointed that I have to switch. I use an HP 3210 with HP ink. I sent OL prints from the old and new batch but they said they could not find anything wrong with the labels. They will trade me for laser though if that's the way I end up going.

Dan

I tried inkjet labels for a couple years and thought they were fine, but they were not permanent. So I tried laser printer, and I would switch just for the appearance alone, even if they weren't more permanent. The laser can produce a letter which is thinner and the edges are razor sharp.

The overall difference is stunning.

Laser all the way.

Fredron

I used white waterproof vinyl in my laser printer from rippedsheets.com. They were waterproof, but definitely not oil proof. When fragrance oil got on the label it made a messy smeary smudge all over the label.

I only use the crystal clear labels from Online Labels now. I've put oils, alcohol, and water on them and have never had a problem yet (which I think is funny, because they aren't even advertised as waterproof).

I've had that problem with Online Labels for over a year. One batch would print perfectly, the next a bleeding mess. They did tell me that the coating changed, but every time, they told me they had no problem with them so I'm glad to see someone else finally mention it...though I'm sorry you're in the same boat as me! :sad2: I finally tried Elements and the first batch was great, but the second was nearly as bad as the ones from OL.

Right now, I'm trying to save for the Primera printer, but haven't seen any feedback on it. I get a postcard from them every couple of months. But lookie at the price tag :shocked2:

http://www.primera.com/LX810.html

For twice the price, the Ultra water-resistant labels from Labels by the Sheet print great, are nice and white, and don't yellow like the others.

I am glad to hear others have had problems. I have battled this for 3 1/2 years and still not found the ideal solution. I, too, was getting the vinyl from OnLine and doing fine, not any more. I used an Epson before that, that eventually plugged, supposedly because of the Dura Ink.

I have a laser now, but still trying to decide on best label. I just ordered something for the laser from Labelsbythesheet. We will see.