Help with vanilla FO that will throw in 70/30!

ah-soy

Hi Again Ah-Soy,

I have had luck with Vanilla Dreams from The Scented Bean and my newest one is Vanilla Crunch from Aroma Haven.....my new favorite! Of course, vanilla is never a hit you in the face kind of scent, but these give me a good/great throw in the GL-70/30. I also had luck with Antahala (sp?) Vanilla from Greenleaf. I have not ordered this one yet, but did test it and it had a good throw. Although, this one is not a food based type of vanilla. I know there are more out there and I have so many oils to test in my fragrance stash. :) HTH

Ooops, forgot to add that I also use BCS's Vanilla Extract. It is a good straight vanilla and was very impressed with the hot throw. I don't think it has a great cold throw though. I don't think the GL-70/30 has a a real good cold throw compared to my soy anyway, but I get an excellent hot throw with many fragrances. I should say though that my jars get real cold in the shop and that is one reason the cold throw is worse. It does not affect my soy as much but it even decreases a bit because of how cold the jars get. I notice that if the 70/30 jars are in a warmer room for awhile the cold throw increases.

Hey Lori, do you use many oils from Let it Shine? I've thought of ordering from her, but wondered how most would do in straight soy. What wax do you use their Vanilla in? I'm using a 100% soy, again. North Idaho is closer to Seattle than to most suppliers! Any ifo would be appreciated. Thanks. Beth

Hey Lori, do you use many oils from Let it Shine? I've thought of ordering from her, but wondered how most would do in straight soy. What wax do you use their Vanilla in? I'm using a 100% soy, again. North Idaho is closer to Seattle than to most suppliers! Any ifo would be appreciated. Thanks. Beth

Hi Beth! Sorry to take so long... was working for a bit there... :D

I've ordered several FOs from Let It Shine - like any supplier, some are good, some not so hot. I love their Vanilla; it's awesome. I use it in IGI 6006, which has a percentage of vegetable wax. They have specials on FOs for $7.99 a pound every month (I think it's every month), and their customer service is great too!

I know what you mean about being closer to Seattle - where in Idaho are you? I'm just north of Spokane WA.

Lori