Pillars

I was putting my pillars in bags and putting a closure on the top of the bag, it seemed that the pillars started "sucking" the bags to them and the bags got stuck. So I decided I am doing away with the bag look and made up some cigar type labels to put around them.. .My question is, is it okay to wrap the pillars in tissue paper for storage to protects them from marks etc.. or is there something else that is better to wrap them in? Thank you very much..

Personally I would be careful about the tissue paper. A pink votive I had was wrapped in green tissue paper and where it had been bumped on the edges had paper embedded in it. Maybe it's was just because the votives are softer. Then again, if they're the same color, it wouldn't show ;) Just an observation.

When's the coop Ash ;)

You could wrap them in tissue as long as stored in a cool place. Heat could make your candles weep a little and if using dyed tissue paper, it could stain the candles. A white ought to work. Another thing, you could probably wrap in paper towels and store.

I like the boxes too, but think I'll be changing sizes. They fit snug inside, which I like because there's no shifting, but it seems if I take a pillar in and out more than once, it starts leaving marks in the box. :rolleyes:

Hi Cmspath,,are you wanting to ship them or just store them?. I use mens light weight cotton white Handkerchief's and store them in a cool place. (Before candle tech crashed I was told this by a very nice lady) she also mentioned to put tea towls to cover them. And the scent stays. It works very well. :)

I do have a question though. What DO we use to protect the candles for shipping purposes?? :confused: Thanks.

When's the coop Ash ;)

LOL ! I need to check this out. I haven't seen them yet. Boxes sound like a great idea! I don't know if I'd use tissue paper. I had some pillars made with 1343 that weeped. I had cigar bands around them (I didn't seal them first) and the weeping caused discoloration and bleeding on the bands. If I'd had tissue paper (colored), I'm sure it would have bleed off on the candle as well.

I do have a question though. What DO we use to protect the candles for shipping purposes?? :confused: Thanks.

You could wrap them in bubble wrap for extra padding in a sea of peanuts. In the heat, might want to chill some of those peanuts. It may help to keep the innards of the package cool.