Where to buy soapmolds

elitenaildesign

I take out the side pieces, then turn it upside down and peel the mylar off, put it back into the mold and then cut it. I love it...just remember to get the heat resistant mylar. Got mine in the quilting department at Hobby Lobby. It's a pain to cut, but one you get it right, it's a dream...I do RTCP, but I still use the heat resistant. That way I could CPOP if I wanted to.

Sandi G

GoodStuff Bath & Body

Paul is incredible. He'll be around soon, I'm sure (he's Soapmaker Man). Talk about responsive - I must have asked him a dozen questions - one at a time - and he answered each patiently. Then went through it all again when I accidentally deleted the original responses. I sent my SB his molds and judging from this thread she's pretty darned happy with them.

I love the idea of a mold that can be a log or a slab. As a mold-ho I have waaaay too many. Come Christmas I hope to have his, and then you can expect to see many others up on the classy's!

I do love my Misty Creeks too, but I have so little storage space these days I don't have time for both slabs and logs, and I HATE lining my log molds (mylar didn't work for me, I tried funky foam but didn't like it, and it's hard to do freezer paper in a log IMHO. I have a kelsei slab which I like a lot (it does nice things for swirls), but I do NOT particularly like my kelsei log mold - I hate having to take it apart to get my soap out....

OK, I'm babbling. I had a glass of wine tonight (from a box - geez I do love my wine box by kendall jackson... YUM!

Paul is incredible. He'll be around soon, I'm sure (he's Soapmaker Man). Talk about responsive - I must have asked him a dozen questions - one at a time - and he answered each patiently. Then went through it all again when I accidentally deleted the original responses. I sent my SB his molds and judging from this thread she's pretty darned happy with them.

I love the idea of a mold that can be a log or a slab. As a mold-ho I have waaaay too many. Come Christmas I hope to have his, and then you can expect to see many others up on the classy's!

I do love my Misty Creeks too, but I have so little storage space these days I don't have time for both slabs and logs, and I HATE lining my log molds (mylar didn't work for me, I tried funky foam but didn't like it, and it's hard to do freezer paper in a log IMHO. I have a kelsei slab which I like a lot (it does nice things for swirls), but I do NOT particularly like my kelsei log mold - I hate having to take it apart to get my soap out....

OK, I'm babbling. I had a glass of wine tonight (from a box - geez I do love my wine box by kendall jackson... YUM!

Then you probably won't like Paul's mold because it is lined with a little bit thinner version of funky foam. Feels the same, looks the same, works the same...just a tad thinner then what I have been able to find yet. Altho I am sure funky foam comes in different thicknesses? Either that or it is pretty close to the same thing with a different name...LOL

It was the thickness of the FF that turned me off - somehow it takes up just too much room in my log - but I'm cranky and little things really are pissing me off lately.

Does it have the same texture? What I have is pretty coarse,though the soap came out feeling just fine.

It was the thickness of the FF that turned me off - somehow it takes up just too much room in my log - but I'm cranky and little things really are pissing me off lately.

Does it have the same texture? What I have is pretty coarse,though the soap came out feeling just fine.

Ok I just went and pulled out 2 sheets of the funky foam. The white is 2mm and the exact same thickness as the one in the mold, exact same texture also. Very smooth. The tan I bought is 3mm and a bit thicker. Neither one of them is rough at all. The white is definately the same as what the mold is lined in.