Where to buy soapmolds

elitenaildesign

I saw a couple websites, but $100 is a little high for a soaper like me. Anyone who knows who sells them for a good price and has soap cutters and bevelers as well? I know there were some on ebay, but cant remember who sold them. I did a search on ebay and only came up with small 2lb molds. Looking more for a 6lb slab mold.

I got mine at www.emistycreek.com - they used to sell on ebay, but I don't think they do anymore, since they have their own site set up now. Mine will hold 5 lbs, but I only use 4 in it, I think the 5 lbs makes the bars too big. But that is my own preference. Upland has molds, For Crafts Sake has molds, Kelsei has molds, but he has hurt his hand and am not sure if they are still making them right now. Lots of sites have molds, just depends on what you are looking for.

You might want to check eBay. I think there is a mold maker/seller that goes by the name Mr. Do Right. I believe he has a mold/cutter all in one that comes with a soap cutter for about $40.00. Search Log Soap Molds and you should be able to find him. Misty Creek comes with the mold and cutter. Kelsei has dividers so you don't need a cutter. Upland you need a cutter. Bevelers can run any where from $12.00 (Lil Shaver) to $40+ (Kangaroo Blue). Check Mr. Do Right out on eBay to see if he has anything your looking for in a mold. Otherwise, your looking at a mold and a beveler and combined that will get you (with shipping) up to $100.

Hi Karol, my Kelsei's are 2 7/8" X 2" and my Misty's are 3 3/8" X 2 1/8". I'm still getting used to my Misty mold. After the love/hate relationship I developed with my Kelsei, I just can't part with it but I do like the bigger bars of the Misty.

Hi Karol, my Kelsei's are 2 7/8" X 2" and my Misty's are 3 3/8" X 2 1/8". I'm still getting used to my Misty mold. After the love/hate relationship I developed with my Kelsei, I just can't part with it but I do like the bigger bars of the Misty.

I have the kelsei mold but the bars are small compared to my log molds. I am thinking about getting the misty mold. Which one do you have and do you line it with freezer paper and then how do you cut it with the paper there? Sorry about all of the questions. TIA

I have the kelsei mold but the bars are small compared to my log molds. I am thinking about getting the misty mold. Which one do you have and do you line it with freezer paper and then how do you cut it with the paper there? Sorry about all of the questions. TIA

It comes with a template and you line it with freezer paper using the template. Then, you just place your freezer paper in the mold, tape it down and your ready to go. I just use a knife and gently slice the slits so my cutting knife doesn't get jammed up or make it hard to cut. I have the 16 bar mold. Lining the mold isn't hard at all. It's just something I've had to get used to after using the Kelsei for so long. No problem, I don't mind answering questions, lol.

I've got the 16 bar mold. Haven't used it yet and don't have a lid. Man, I might tonight lol! eBay is good for slabs, but I was just on a site that had some wood ones too ... don't forget there's Brambleberry out there and ... oh let me go look.

You might also talk to rich at www.soaphaven.com and see what he quotes you for a price. He custom built a 4 lb log mold for $45 plus shipping. Sweet looking thing, but I haven't used it yet either lol.

OK here ya go: 4 lb slab mold for $23 seems like a good price to me:

http://www.mcgregormountainsoapworks.com/wooden_soap_molds.html

Here's another: http://creeksidesoaps.com/supplies/soap-mold.htm

The Old Goat Soapmaker has a really GREAT mold. I have 2 of his and love them! They come with a re-usable liner that just washes right up. it has a divider in it so you can do 2 3# batches or 1 6# slab. He was on the board here but haven't seen him for awhile. They come with a nice wood lid too.

LOL, I parted with mine, gave it to my best friend who started soaping. She is loving it. The Kelsei bars were a bit small for the boxes. Brian made me a Misty style 24 bar. They are 2.5 x 3.5 and fit the boxes perfect. I use a drywall tool to cut the bars. It holds 6 pounds. Love that sucker! Have to ask him to make me another. :smiley2:

Hee hee, I couldn't even cut straight with my Misty Creek. Finally I mounted a tiny level on the top of the cutter to help me keep it straight up and down and voila - perfect bars. (then the level fell off when I was moving and I haven't dragged my butt to Home Depot to get another).

I have a kelsei and a misty creek. I don't use the kelsei anymore, I like the size of the MC bars. I learned to cut staight in it and it's great. I have a guy making me another similar to the MC but using a thinner blade so the cutter is easier to use.

Man I don't know if I'm getting hooked on the soapmaking part (don't tell E) or just the molds lol!!! OK NOW I want one!

Well a good mold is important....LOL Yesterday I made Wild Mt Honey in one side, Casaba Mist in the other side and Lilac & Lavender in the other mold of his I have. Last I heard he was working on making an even bigger mold.

I have the 16 bar Misty Creek, and I made templates from the quilting mylar. I use a little petroleum jelly to make the side sections stick to the sides of the mold. Works great!

Sandi G

GoodStuff Bath & Body

Thanks for sharing that Sandi!!! I think I might give it a try. I do have a question though....how do you cut the soap with the mylar template? Do you take the soap out, remove the template and the put the soap back in to cut?

LMAO, Julie, you crack me up. But, I do agree, I'm digging soapmaker mans mold!!