Valentine gift ideas?

About to take off Christmas items on my site and now want Valentine ideas.I am going to offer maybe a basket.Also some heart tarts and now would like the larger heart jars.I will use the ones from Wal Mart but so far those are a bear to wick.I need to work on them.I have some left from last year.Any other ideas especially in the line of jars etc.

LynnS

I am thinking about Valentine's Day stuff too! I don't have any clues on what to offer this coming year at all. I have three gift basket companies that are going to want new items to fill their baskets, but they just want small candles. I hope that will be enough to keep me busy for February.....

I am like you.I think baskets might be the way to go.Maybe heart tarts, 3 8 ounce JJ, some hand soap,car air freshener and some room spray for one basket.Or just a small basket with tarts and candles.Even a tart basket with a candle warmer.Ideas are endless this way.For Mother's Day I am thinking a OPEN HOUSE.To early when jumping out of Christmas and into Valentines Day.Only about 6 weeks between those days. Just website orders for this day.

LynnS

Candles & Supply has a LOT of molds & containers for Valentine's. They used to carry my favorite votive holder, but looks like they dropped it. If you're interested - go to the Anchor Hocking site ( www.ahsg.com ) & look at the hammered glass heart votive. It's in the candle section of the catalog under votives & tumblers. I've sold an insane amount of those over the yrs for $4.50 a pop!

Susan.

I think I know which votive holder you are talking about.I saw it on a website and just happened upon it when looking on Candles and Supplies.I agree with you I liked that holder and it wasn't expensive.

I did get alot of Christmas crocks from them and the Snowman jar.I will check out things they have.$4.50 isnt bad for a glass heart votive.I was able to get a tall heart shaped jar a few years ago at Flower Factory but they sell out fast and also it is something they don't always carry.Might see it and never again.

Potpourri is a good idea too.

Thank You

LynnS

I would just like to mention that the heart containers from Walmart wick wonderfully with evenly spaced HTP105 wicks. 1 at the bottom centered and 2 at top, centered in each of the "puff" areas of the heart. This link might help.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11563&highlight=heart+container